“Best GAY Guest house in Kwa Zulu Natal, Durban South Africa, DURBANVIEW GUEST HOUSE”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Durban
Durban View Guest House
Ranked #52 of 255 Durban B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 May 2012

The 1930’s architecture guest house is situated in one of Durban’s upmarket neighbourhoods (very safe). The rooms are modern and spacious (if you wanted more, ask for the garden suite). Loved the plunge pool and hot tub on the roof offering awesome views and men! A friendly atmosphere. Just relax on the veranda with a book or socialise with other gests. The hosts are just as friendly (and handsome). An honesty bar offers a wide range of soft drinks, great wines and the hard stuff. I have stayed there once and can’t wait for my next! LOVE DURBANVIEW GUEST HOUSE.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Durban View Guest House

Reviewed 25 April 2012

The guest house is welcoming and very friendly and exclusively gay - I think you might feel a bit out of it if you weren't gay. The rooms are all different and very comfortable and well equipped. There are some good restaurants within walking distance but you need a car or taxi to get around. I say thank goodness, because we didn't find much else to like about Durban except for one or two restaurants.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2012

D&L are great hosts always ensuring that your needs are met. The city facing rooms are more than comfortable. Breakfast is adequate and in the evenings socializing at the bar, pool or on the fabulous roof deck makes for a more pleasant stay than a hotel does.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 March 2012

The Durban View is an extremely welcoming little retreat in the middle of a bustling city. The guys who own and manage the place are very friendly and accommodating, and nothing seems like too much trouble! The property itself is very well equipped, with an awesome roof terrace with epic views of the beautiful skyline and the ocean - definitely a highlight! Really well located in a safe area, close to all the major sites and many restaurants/bars etc. I actually stayed here on a few separate occasions, totally 6 nights, and I think my repeat custom speaks volumes about how impressed I was. I stayed in two different rooms, with the City View room being my favourite! Fantastic view!.... If i'm ever in Durban again in the near or distant future then I will definitely be resting my head here again! Mazel tov on such a wonderful place you guys have created :) x

Room Tip: Go for the City View room in the round tower part of the guesthouse - epic views and fantastic bathr...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 March 2012

An exceellent guest house in the heart of Durban with good facilities. My room was very comfortable and the public areas were very clean and comfortable.
It was recommended to me and I am glad I took up the recommendation - I will certainly consider revisiting it the next time I visit Durban.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Wonderful experience and will be one of my highlights of my stay in South Africa. The hosts are willing to assist and plan your stay and give great advice. The rooms are well thought about and offer all needed facilities. There is a relaxed feeling in at the guest house, the pool, whirlpool and lounge areas are help to that. Close enough to the beach and areas of interest. I can only recommend this place.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 January 2012

My first choice of accommodation when I'm in Durban. I come down mostly for business however will surely stay here too if on holiday. The rooms are comfortable neat and clean, the hospitality is excellent without being in your face especially after a long day of work. The service is always pleasing and the view from the roof is awesome and the facilities offered are just to die for. The owners are friendly and always eager to go the extra mile which is perfect.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business