“Highly Recommended”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Durban
Durban View Guest House
Ranked #46 of 258 Durban B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Perfectly situated guest house with panoramic views of the sky line and the horizon from the room top. Perfect for a little weekend get away as its peacfull and has the feel of home away from home on our doorstep in Durban. The rooms are very tastefully done and not too over the top. We were so at home at the guest house that we stayed in all weekend and drank Champers on the roof top. loved it!

Room Tip: If you want privacy then ask from the self contain flatlet at the back.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 February 2014

An impulsive decision to 'get away' for a few days (during the festive season) landed me in this relaxed and homely guest house, the owners are welcoming, friendly & helpful.The setting is quiet, tranquil & private. Although I spent a minimal amount of time at the guest house I did notice a good flow of guests arriving and leaving, a few of which I met & had a chat and a couple of drinks with - lovely people. The rates are really good and the service provided by Caroline was above par. Hey it's what you make of it!!

Room Tip: The room (separate from the main house) at the top of the garden.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I stayed here for one night, and it will be my preferred place in Durban. The flat/studio in the back garden was superb. It was like staying in "a home away from home" that was exceptionally relaxed and had all the facilities that a B&B should have. I had absolutely no complaints and can't really think of a way that the hosts could improve the venue. Obviously, it is for those who are comfortable with gays.

Room Tip: Garden studio flat is one of the best places I've stayed anywhere in the world.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I have stayed in a few hotels and guest houses in Durban. Durban View was the best so far. It was covieniently situated to almost anything you needed and a very short trip to the beach. Amazing views from the jacuzzi deck and most importantly great people working and running the house. The overall experience ensured when I need to stay in Durbs again it will be here.

Room Tip: Personally the two rooms closest to the pool and deck access seemed better
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 December 2013

The owners are very kindly and always trying to help. But it was my first experience in a guest house. So my opinion is if I need now to choice between a guest house and a hotel, i will choice a hotel definitely.
My room lacked a hair dryer. In three nights the towels were never changed. I saw a big dead cockroach on bathroom floor. That means didn't exist cares in check the local before the guest arrive.
You need to prepare yourself your breakfast and it is very poor. I think it's terrible.
Although it's a sweet and wonderful site.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank JLS201311
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Although we booked this hotel 6 months in advance, we found the bathroom walls and ceilings seriously peeling. An ugly, bare pipe showed where a shower had once been. They even charged us for our "welcome drink".Our room lacked a clock and hair dryer, with the TV system impossible to operate. Other rooms remained empty while we were given this awful one. Upon checking out, repeated errors in credit card authorization resulted in my card being frozen abroad, which caused me considerable embarrassment and effort to rectify.

Only the lovely breakfast served by a charming woman proved positive here.

Room Tip: Avoid the city-view room at all costs
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DrRichardLJones
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Amazingly located guest house, a stone throw away from all the attractions and amenities. Very well priced, clean, friendly, also has WiFi where most SA places do not and its free and uncapped!
Worth a visit.