“A Great Place to Stay”

Ranked #187 of 246 Durban B&B and Inns
Emden, Germany
“A Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2008

I am working as a technician from Germany in the shipping business an travel around the world .

So for me it is important to have good accommodation during the time I am living away from home.

I have stayed in other hotels and apartments in Durban before I moved to the “Heron Guest House “ but for me when I staying the first time in this house I say to myself”This is it”

No noise from traffic roads, nice Rooms, two pools, great bar for relax in the evening after a hard day at work to have a nice beer or a shooter at real social prices.

Any problem (when this happened) will be fixed immediately by the owner

Wonderful breakfast, rooms cleaned up daily, nice personnel.

Safety watch day and night and some of the best stable WLAN connection that I have ever had before in Durban. All these points are important for a good relaxation after work.It is also important to have a good contact by computer to your companies and families.

So next Business Trip please try this great guesthouse and I promise you you will say the same what I say “This is it”

Best regards

Mr. H. F. Brands

at this moment Shipyard Elgin & Brown for MV”Border”

• Liked — Joy. She is amazing!
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Johannesburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2008

Had a lovely time at the Heron Guesthouse. The manager/hostess, Joy was most helpful, friendly and welcoming. Lovely to chat too. The ensuite rooms, where I stayed upstairs are lovely (I believe there are rooms downstairs too), some have en-suite, jacuzzi style baths (stunning), great view over the city, delicious breakfast is served outside on the verandah by Joy and her team. The rooms upstairs are fully equipped for self-catering guests and there is a dining room area and lounge with TV for those who would rather stay in and relax. There is a computer with interenet for those busy exec's who can't stop working. Clean, fluffy, soft towels.Clean crisp linen, fully serviced rooms. What more can a girl ask for when looking for a relaxing get away or a business trip? Want somewhere simple, unfussy and comfortable to stay in - definitely recommend it. Oh, and there is a lovely pool to laze around on those hot, humid days. Great place, great ambience!

• Liked — The rooms and the friendly service
  • Disliked — Slight parking problem
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank JITTERBUGS
Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2007

Hi

I am a visitor to this country! Surely they should roll out the red carpet when u arrive. Only to say that we booked out after 2 nights - a TERRIBLE experience (4 star rated BAD experience).

Arrived and told to pay up-front. The rooms walls are peeling, towels are bleached, not sheets, smelly mould on the ceiling, dust in bath, kitchen advertised NOT available or microwave, no phones in rooms, not phone available at reception for guest, pool filthy, no table/desk for executive to work, plasma tv noisy at night, cannot park your car in the space provided, hostess is argumentitive and no help what-so-ever. When we decided to book out as a result of this bad smell - we were told that we would loose 25% of our payment. If this is an South African experience then I rather stay at home. Pathetic and you get charged R500/night.

I cannot believe that we when you complain - thet attitude that you get from this woman. We enquire about the mouldy smell in the room and she only argue that no-one else has complained. I cannot believe that they have a four star rating.

DON"T STAY here you WILL waste your money and NOT enjoy a DURBAN experience.

Stayed October 2007
1 Thank BOBPOP

Travellers are raving about these Durban hotels