“Stunning B&B in Berea”

Napier House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #70 of 258 Durban B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We were a party of two couples and stayed at Napier B&B for a wedding in Durban and were very warmly welcomed by by Andre and Sherryn. The owners are very warm, friendly people who run a stunning B&B, with big rooms and huge bathrooms. The rooms are very well-equipped and have all the amenities, including DSTV, and the bathrooms all have showers and baths. Sherryn is an excellent cook and makes the breakfasts to order, which was greatly appreciated. The neighbourhood is very quiet, yet very close to the bustling Berea/Musgrave area with lots of restaurants, bars, etc. This is definitely one of the best B&Bs we have seen!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 December 2013

This was my second time to the B&B, and it was as good as the first! The staff is great, breakfast was delicious and always on time. The botanical gardens are a close walk and the beach is a quick drive. We will stay here every time we're in the area!

Room Tip: The room by the pool is great.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the charming Napier House, an edficiently run B and B with impeccable standards. Moreover, Andre and Sherryn de Villiers take a personal interest in ensuring that the guests are comfortable. For me it was an amazing journey of discovering the house that my great grandfather owned in Durban in the early 20th century before the family moved to India and where my grandmother was born. My stay brought back memories of events from her childhood that my grandmother described so vividly in stories that had us all spellbound. The property is located in a beautiful residential area of Durban known as the Berea and is walking distance from the famous botanical gardens.

Room Tip: The large room overlooking the swimming pool is really spacious and comfortable with an attached bat...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 December 2012

I stayed at Napier House for 5 month and although it's a hotel, I felt like I had a cosy home in Durban:) The owners (Sherryn and Andre) who run the hotel are wonderful people - they put all their heart in what they do and therefore a high level of hospitality is a natural thing.
The Napier House B&B is a safe, convenient and cosy place to stay in Durban. I highly recommend to everyone.

Rasa
(who worked at nearby Happy Science)

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I stayed here last week for one night as I was in town for business. This was recommended to me by a fellow colleague who stays here every year for annual business trip.
The owners are super friendly and helpful, and will help you out with whatever you need.
The rooms are a great size (I only saw the 2 rooms by the pool).
Rooms have aircon - a blessing in the Durban heat and humidity. The bathrooms are of a generous size, and you do not feel like you will hit a towel rail while drying off! There is a little bar fridge if you want to put any goodies in like a Woolies salad if you dont feel like eating out. The sparkling pool creates a welcome relief from the heat of the day.
Excellent value for money.
Close to city centre, Morningside/Musgrave, even Glenwood - and easy access to main routes to airport or further north up to Hillcrest, Pietermaritzburg etc. There are some lovely shops and restaurants nearby - you will not go hungry, and a little spoilt for choice.
Safe parking, and pemises is also safe.
Tea and coffee provided in your room, which is great for that early morning wake-up call to catch a return flight,a nd no time for brekkie!!
Ask the owners for the history of the building - many pictures to take you down memory lane.
I highly recommend this spot, both for business and holiday. i will be staying again, and its become our company chosen accomodation in Durban.

Room Tip: Pool rooms. # 4 (I think) has the double bed, and is slightly smaller, which I found perfect for one...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 November 2011

I have stayed here twice, once in the larger room by the pool and most recently in the house. On both occasions everything went well, the rooms were clean and comfortable. The breakfast was great!! I would and have recommended Napier house to friend and family. The owners and staff were friendly and pleasant. Check out the Botanical Gardens down the street, beautiful!

Room Tip: Room by the pool is great!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 November 2009

We stayed in the guesthouse on two occasions whilst in South Africa. The room was amazing, a brilliant size with everything we needed. The bathroom almost took our breath away, it's a great size, with double sinks, bath and shower.

The hosts at the guesthouse were extremely attentive, making sure that we had everything we needed and gave us lots of advice on how to enjoy Durban. Perhaps the most memorable aspect is the breakfasts which are included... everything you could want, with a choice of great cooked breakfasts.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple