Suncoast Towers
US$52
US$47
  • Beachfront
US$53
All reviewsjeeracasino complexdirect accesssea viewstandard roomdurban beachfrontthe general managerpool areamoses mabida stadiumtsogo sunreception staffa great stayexcellent servicesouth africaseacoastspawarren
Reviewed 19 February 2014

It was one of the best holidays I've had.The food at Breakfast was tasty and the staff at breakfast were hands on,it was the best service I have experienced. Although I would not have dinner at their restaurant again but plenty of restaurants nearby to choose from.Location is excellent.Everything was nearby,restaurants,casino,movies,beach etc. The standard rooms are small but the rooms at the Towers was spacious and comfy with excellent sea views. Overall great service and great holiday.

Room Tip: All Suncoast Tower suites are spacious with excellent views of the beach.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
SuncoastManagement, General Manager at Suncoast Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Guest

We appreciate the time you took to post a review with this great feedback.

I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed yourselves, in particular the exceptional service of the team members, the big breakfast spread and the quality of the breakfast.

I look forward to being able to welcome you back to enjoy another memorable stay with us.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 4 February 2014

We travelled to Durban on business and stayed in this hotel for more than a week. We had a big room with a breathtaking ocean view and from our arrival till departure the whole experience was wonderful.
The hotel location is absolutely perfect, just in the center of the city life and in front of the Golden Mile beaches, well isolated from the traffic noise. The swimming pool area is cozy and well maintained. The food is very delicious, of highest quality and variety – very nice breakfast buffet that is able to meet the most capricious tastes. The hotel staff are friendly and extremely helpful. This hotel is really the best place to stay in Durban whether you travel on business or on holiday!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
1  Thank Aksana B

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

We appreciate the positive feedback and good comments and we are glad to know that you enjoyed all the aspects of your stay.

We look forward welcoming you back and hope that we can ceate more beautiful memories for you.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Your service was good and the location. I was happy staying in your hotel, hoping to come back soon, is a nice and quiet place. The problem on saturday our room was not clean, we slept in a dirty room

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide me with some feedback following your visit to Suncoast Hotels.

My sincere apologies regarding the lack of the housekeeping service that you experienced.

We look forward welcoming you back!

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Hotel is easy to find and seemed to have plentiful parking on two floors. Checked in simply but was disappointed with initial room. It was on the 3rd floor and tiny, walked in to be faced with bed / shower and toilet in the single room. Perhaps fine for a night but not for 3, not a problem spoke to the reception and paid to be upgraded to an executive room on the 4th floor which was far better.

Rooms in good decor, had everything I needed.

Service very good, all staff welcoming and pretty efficient. The restaurant was good, the bar food on the terrace OK but could be a bit better.

The pool and outside area is fantastic, in fact I've never seen a pool cleaned so often and so well. The pool guy needs a medal!

Also visited the SPA on the 9th floor, which was excellent.

All in all, a great hotel in Durban and you can just walk through the hotel via a security door to the casino next door.

Room Tip: I would choose an Executive Room or better, the cheaper rooms are clean and have amenities but are very small.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
SuncoastManagement, General Manager at Suncoast Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

I am happy to know that we could assist you in finding a room in the Towers component of the property that was more conducive to your needs.

Thank you for the positive feedback regarding the good service that you experienced.

We look forward welcoming you back!

Reviewed 28 January 2014

I stayed there 2 weeks ago for 1 week! When I arrived and looked at the hotel, it gave me an amazing feeling..almost like butterflies..felt like I was re-visiting Vegas of South Africa..Separate cosy, beach view location..just perfect for a 'personal time' although I had been there on Business. Check-In didnt take a second and the facade looked very welcoming! The beach view right at the facade itself makes you drool. Check-in was easy and then I was off to my room which was on 3rd Floor - Neat all the way to my room..the views from the little windows throughout the corridor was just fanatstic! The rooms are small but pretty alright for a person on business visit however the room amenities provided are just not enough specially knowing somebody has booked for 5 days!!!!!!
There were Palm soaps and not even 1 shampoo or conditioner..no dental kit no shaving kit no shower cap nothing!!! Comeon..these are basics!!!! The complimentary water was right at the washbasin and looked as if the seal was open and therefore perhaps used!!
Only if that wasnt enough, I wanted to IRON my clothes and get ready for work..and needed an ironing board..which dint come until 2 hours!!! I was in deep sleep by then already..and was woken up by the annoying bell! All this is really disturbing..!!
House-keeping unfortunately again did not put the basic amenities!! until I told them I needed those things..and they got very specific with me as to what I needed..and got exactly those..nothing more nothing less! I dont see how giving me an extra conditioner or shampoo is going to put thier revenue down!
Now lets move to breakfast - for 5 days..EXACTLY THE SAME MENU!! SAME SAME SAME how can people eat same thing in the morning..its a chaos! It became very monotonous! Anyway its a hotel and I understand that they cant invent a menu everyday..but I was wondering when do a breakfast menu change?
But nevertheless, the staff were fantastic..service overall was bad..but the staff were just plainly very very helpful..from the reception to the guards to the casino staff to room service to the manager at the breakfast restaurant to the house keeping staff..everyone were just so vibrant and welcoming!
My suggestion - Just improve the ACTUAL reason the hotel is for - THE ROOMS!! Give amenities..give excellent service..give better house keeping..provide the usual amenities on time..thats all!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank MohsinKarbhari
SuncoastManagement, General Manager at Suncoast Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and for the constructive feedback.

We are sorry to hear that your stay was less than perfect and that we did not exceed your expectations.

We value feedback from our guests and it provides us with the opportunity to better ourselves in the services and the products that we deliver. We are commited to offering all guests an experience that exceeds their expectations.

I can assure you that your issues have been discussed with the team and corrective measures taken.

We made changes to our breakfast spread and introduced a bigger variety to the daily "chef's special" to provide our long stay guests with a bigger variety to choose from.

Your positive remarks regarding our great staff is much appreciated. Staff are our biggest asset and we value your positive feedback.