“Sun Coast Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in Durban
Pretoria, South Africa
“Sun Coast Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

My stay was short - therefore no comments.

The hotel is ideally located for business meetings in Durban city centre. Booking in and out was very efficient. Staff were friendly. This is my preferred accommodation venue in Durban.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels

SuncoastManagement, General Manager at Suncoast Towers, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to rate our property!

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Adrian Penny

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Polish first
cape town
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

We recently spent 3 nights here whilst in Durban on business.
The staff were just amazing.
We felt so welcome and really enjoyed our stay.
The restaurant in the hotel is brilliant.
The first 2 nights we had spicy food. The third night we took steak and game fish. Simply superb.
Great job to all the staff.
We will absolutely visit again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take great pride in offering the very best possible service and I am delighted that you found the staff and service so good.

We look forward welcoming you back to Suncoast Hotels.

Warm Regards,

Brackenfell, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

I was very fortunate to select the Suncoast Towers as my hotel of choice for the weekend of the Comrades Marathon.

When I arrived at the hotel Saturday at 1 I was greeted by very friendly front desk staff. I was allocated a spotless clean and freshly smelling room.

Due to the closeness to the Casino and Restaurant area it was possible to walk to the neighbouring fast food restaurants and have nice lunch.

The Front desk also offered to arrange transport to Pietermaritzburg for the start of the race the next morning at a nominal fee. I also completed a form stating the time of my wake-up call as well as special dietary requirements for the breakfast at 2 am AND a goody bag at no charge.

The morning I was treated to a wonderful breakfast at 2 and a goody bag containing 2 fruit, water, muffin and an energy bar ABOLUTE AWESOME!!! AT NO CHARGE

We were taken to the starting gate of Comrades by a friendly and experience driver.

On my return from a gruesome day I discovered I only booked 1 night. They allowed me an extra hour to quickly shower and change before I left. This extra time in the room was at NOOO charge.

Awesome staff and management. Will definitely be back next year for 2 nights :-)

Thanks a million!!!!!!

Mario

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such positive feedback!

Staff are our biggest assets and we value your comments about them being so friendly.

I am glad that you enjoyed the offerings of the hotel and the casino complex and we look forward welcoming you back for a longer stay!

Olandese
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Unfortunately I could stay just for one night.
The hotel is marvelous when you step inside.My first impression was.......I'm inpressed!
Very good and attentive staff.Calm and kind guidance through all the procedures.
My room may not have been the best,biggest ,whatever but it felt cosy to me.The space and colours were not "flashy" which I like,you have to come back in a calm area and be able to relax.The staff provided me an adapter for the powerplug,SAF to EU.free of charge if you return it before departure.Enjoyed a fantastic Indian buffet with a great rich variety which I haven't seen often like this in hotels around the world.Fantastic!
A nice bar before the entry of the restaurant is well equipped in any way.All sorts of drinks and a friendly bar-staff who can prepare a nice cocktail for you.
My breakfast I skipped but enjoyed a very good Italian Espresso outside on the terras ,watching the sun come up.Beautifull.There is a private beach exclusively for the hotel guests.
If I could I wouldn't mind to spend a holiday here...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting a review.

I am glad to know that you had a relaxing stay and that you experienced the staff to be attentive and friendly.

We surely do offer a great variety on our curry buffet and I am glad that you enjoyed it.

I look forward welcoming you back!

Gaborone, Botswana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed at this property from the 8th May checking out the 13th May, the staff were friendly, the restaurant is of Indian orientation, meals over priced, the rooms are very small with very inferior finishes not worth the R2800.00 per night that we paid , rooms not cleaned very well and there was an obvious smell of dust, the area however is good if you wanted to dine outside the hotel there is great collection of fast food eateries.

Room Tip: Ask for sea facing, it can make you forget your disappointment
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
SuncoastManagement, General Manager at Suncoast Towers, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting a review and for the feedback.

We are commited to offering all our guests an experience that exceeds their expectations and were disappointed that we did not meet your expectations.

Please note that we also have the Suncoast Towers section where we offer a different room type, which might be more suitable to your needs and requirements.

Your comments regarding the housekeeping standard has been noted and action taken.

We do hope to welcome you back to Suncoast Hotels in the near future.

Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

Excellent hotel in a great position on North beach Durban, wonderful suites, attentive service, great Indian curry dinner. Suites are large with balconies and super size bathrooms. The boardwalk is a great plus for walking or jogging and the beach is broad with life guards on duty and cafes dotted around.

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SuncoastManagement, Manager at Suncoast Towers, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Travelworld702
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay! We hope to see you back at Suncoast Hotels in the near future. Kind Regards,
Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

The location, the facilities, the beauty at night and day and the beach right in front - everything is going for Sun Coast.

I didnt sleep over at the hotel but repeatedly came to the many attractive restaurants, bars and eateries at the suncoast

I spent a full day at the beach right in front of the sun coast towers and it was awesome. with the cold sea breeze and many holiday makers all over the place, it just sucks you in.

Room Tip: Just let loose while there. You will regret it if you dont, especially if you travelled from anothe...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear VictorO,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us!

We value your feedback immensely and are delighed that you enjoy Suncoast Complex!

We hope to see you soon!