“Outstanding Cappuccino’s - full flavoured, heaven in a cup!”
Review of Mark Gold

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mark Gold
Ranked #186 of 633 Restaurants in Durban
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Been an avid (or should a say "addict") lover of espresso and cappuccino's its not often that I come across a new coffee shop that impresses me with their blend.

My colleague was going into town and she mentioned that she would pick me up a cappuccino (being an addict she knows that's all I think about all day - when am I getting my next cup), she stopped off at Mark Gold, which in fact is a jewellery shop as well as a coffee shop.

There are a few places I "trust" for a great, consistent blend, so when I try a new coffee shop I am not normally blown away. However, this time, I was completely blown away!

Their cappuccino's are unbelievably, amazing! I almost regret not trying this place sooner, as now I feel as if I have missed out on years of fantastic cappuccino's. Their blend is smooth, yet full flavoured, and almost has a hint of a cocoa taste. If I can compare it to my other favourite thing, wine, this blend is the espresso equivalent of the Chocolate Block Cabernet. Apparently Mark Gold's cappuccino's have been a finalised in the Sunday Tribune Café Society awards since 1999. That's impressive and so are their cappuccino's!

Don't take my word for it, do yourself a favour and go try it!