“Relaxing, Homely Experience”

and 1 more site!
Mythai Guesthouse
Ranked #38 of 258 Durban B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I stayed at the guest house during December 2013 and was very impressed with the facilities and the service offered. I was made to feel comfortable and was helped in a professional and friendly manner. The facilities were clean and good value for money. Food was of a good standard and my time at the guest house was enjoyable. Thank you so much. Jose Jacobs

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Its serenity and peacefulness lets you escape, the beautiful gardens & rooms feels like a little piece of paradise.
Lillian is a wonderful hostess and goes out of her way to make you feel right at home. I was pleasantly surprised to see that Lillian and her sister fetched the staff in their own vehicle the day after Christmas when the busses and taxi's were running late, to make sure that every need of their guests were catered for.
Well done, your team is absolutely amazing, and I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 January 2014

From the word go before even getting there I got lost as you do when from another country (UK) and was a bit worried. yet I did the right thing and phoned Lillian answered by who was most help full, calmed my nerves instantly and guided me right there. It was actually very easy to get to thanks to Lillian and I did not lose my way again.

I was very surprised when we arrived almost like we just stepped out of the city and into a beautiful quite family environment, greeted with a coffee and some biscuits Lillian gave us was just perfect. followed by a quick swim as the Durban heat is a little hotter then UK.

The rooms and settings where very well maintained and clean which I was surprised at for there is a lot of building for such a small area. yet the layout made it seem like there was a lot of space with two swimming areas one in the front and a more private smaller pool at the back, for a little while you do forget that you are in Durban and feel very safe as you can wonder around with ease or just go sit in the garden for a bit of quite time.

Even though there where other guests there you really hardly noticed it for Lillian made every one feel like family and was most helpful if you had a question or needed anything. I have stayed in a lot of 5* hotels around the world and B&B and would say that this was one of the friendliest places I have stayed. I did not feel it was a business trying to make money out of you but a home away from home.

Friendly faces, helpfully and hey they got the most important meal of the day right, the breakfast sitting out on the deck by the pool just does it for me. This is a lovely place to stay when on a relaxing trip to Durban and be able to use as a base to see Durban.

Thank you to Lillian and Staff at Mythai for making my stay in Durban great I will be sure to visit again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Stayed here over Christmas 2013 and must say I was not impressed. The house is pleasant and shady and perfectly adequate the problem I had was that when we stayed at this guest house for Christmas we felt we were somehow intruding on Lillians family they turned up on Christmas day and we felt uncomfortable in the communal areas. Also after Christmas Lilians sister seemed to be a permanent fixture smoking around the house. If Lilian was the owner I could have accepted these incidents as it was Christmas but I believe she is only the manager and therefore should be more aware of her guests experiences.

Breakfast was a disaster on the second day we were up at seven forty five but the house was deserted Liliann eventually turned up didnt say a word went into the kitchen got some food walked past us, again said nothing and disappeared into her room. twenty minutes later after her shower she opened the breakfast bar up we helped to get cutlery coffee and cereals out and then she left to get staff. After pouring coffee and getting some cereal we realised all the milk was sour. Once the staff returned they replaced the milk with more sour milk. We had an appointment to keep so had some toast and gave up on the cooked breakfast.

On the third day before breakfast we asked if a car could be moved as we had to leave early to get to Drankensburg. After breakfast the car was still there so we asked again. After another wait the lady turned up only to realise that Lillian had got the wrong person and had to then find the correct owner of the car that was blocking us in.

We didn't enjoy our stay here. I don't believe I am overly critical and rarely leave a bad review but I just don't believe service on our visit was well below par.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pyraht
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Staff was absolutely fantastic from the moment we arrived. Everything is lush and private. Although they didn't cater halaal, the fresh fruit, yogurt, boiled eggs and coffee was perfect. I loved the fact the you park the car from Florida Road. Florida road is where everything happens from clubs, restuarants, petrol garage, Wakaberry, etc. Everything is so central, safe & clean. Our room had a tube tv, but all we needed was a bed, shower and the basics. The beds were a bit soft and everything was clean and the service was the best I have experienced in a long time. You don't need much when you more out and about.

Room Tip: all the rooms are fantaxtic, maybe ask for a good parking spot under the apartments
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We stayed here for five nights. See score / reviews from other guests that says all! Good bed, very friendly and helpfull owner, secure parking, close to shops, bars, restaurant on Florida Road, safe, clean and value for money! Internet is good except it would be nice if there was a connection in the room as well.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We stayed at MyThai in May 2013 for 4-nights when we were in Durban. We were on the road for a while and all we needed is a nice place where we could rest. The location is amazing. You are on Florida Road which is lively (in Durban standards) during the night. We walked around until 11 pm. We had great dinner at Butcher Boys! Try T-Bone. MyThai had amazing gardens where we sit/read for hours. Lilian was very helpful with our needs and questions. There is also a tourist info office 6 blocks from MyThai. Room was comfortable and quiet. We received room service once a day even we didn't need it. Part of the deal, I guess. We also had a car and Lilian let us park in the premises. There is a guard that works all night. It felt super safe.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple