“Hidden Gem”

and 1 more site!
Mythai Guesthouse
Ranked #38 of 258 Durban B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This is my third time staying at Mythai and I will always come back to this oasis nestled in Florida Road. Staff are so lovely and friendly. Lillian the Manager of Mythai Guesthouse runs a great B&B and she will go out of her way to help you whether it be suggesting places to dine out/visit or organise to get your washing done if needed.

The breakfast you get at Mythai is a full English Breakfast and it is great value for money. The grounds are lush with beautiful plants. I was surprised that Mythai offers free wifi which is a bonus at their coffee bar. All in all lovely ambience, good coffees, nice staff, great location and the whole time I felt safe and secure.

Thanks Lillian for a pleasant stay!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Jojina911

Reviewed 21 July 2014

My wife and I stayed a week at MyThai Guest House. Clean spacious rooms, wonderful breakfasts, welcoming owners and staff made for terrific stay and all within 100 m of the famous Florida road. Restaurants, bars and two parks , one with a zoo for the little ones are a short walk from the guesthouse. The beautiful Durban beachfront, two golf courses, sports stadiums and shopping areas are within short drives from this lovely and relaxing hideaway. Site manager Lillian and owners Rodney and Carol made us feel like one of the family. The morning coffee prepared by Rodney was top notch.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kerry K
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We have been visited the guesthouse in March.
Unfortunately we could only stay one night. We were very warmly welcomed by Lilian. We have felt very comfortable in the MyThai Guesthouse. It is possible to relax in the beautiful garden very well. We did a city tour with Ricksha-Tours. Highly recommended. You should take dinner on Florida Road - we were at "Butcher Boys". Good food and friendly service.
Many thanks to Lilian and stay healthy .....

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 February 2014

My husband and I stayed at Mythai guest house for 5 days in January 2014 which is one of the hottest months in Durban. The gardens are amazing, so cool and relaxing with lovely little fish ponds - the one swimming pool had better access than the other and thank goodness for the air con in the bedroom for the hot nights. Obviously the owners had been to Thailand and decided to bring a little bit of that into Durban which is lovely. Lillian did everything to make our stay comfortable and the breakfast was good. Surprisingly with the Asian ambiance it was full English and not Nasi Goring on the menu but we think Pretty who was the cook could make a Nasi Goring if shown how. WiFi which is free is slow but I think it is because where the guest house is situated. Our only downside was the room we were in, no 9, was really dark for during the day and the electric lights were soft. The blinds could not be lifted as the cords were removed. We rolled them up - Lillian gave us some ribbon to secure and the view outside was onto a herb garden in one window and the other window had a lovely red foliage plant outside. The 3rd window was frosted. Anyway with the blinds lifted we could see we were dressed right and all was well.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Mythai guesthouse, besides being one of the most beautiful locations I have ever visited, has to be recommended for it's hospitality over and above the call of duty. A friend of mine was staying there for a long period of time and as she wanted me to spend Christmas day with her, she asked the hostess/manageress if it would be okay for my husband and I to visit her there for the day. To our surprise, the manageress not only agreed but even invited us to join her and some other guests and family for Christmas lunch. How wonderful is that? I do not know of any other hotel or guesthouse that allows it's guests to entertain non-paying guests, let alone inviting them to Christmas lunch! Thank you very much Lilian, and your sister too for providing us with great entertainment and many a good laugh! I can most definitely recommend Mythai to anyone looking for a beautiful place to stay with the greatest management ever! Although we did not personally sleep there, our friend was totally impressed with every aspect of Mythai,

Room Tip: The rooms next to the pools are particularly inviting.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I stayed at the guest house during December 2013 and was very impressed with the facilities and the service offered. I was made to feel comfortable and was helped in a professional and friendly manner. The facilities were clean and good value for money. Food was of a good standard and my time at the guest house was enjoyable. Thank you so much. Jose Jacobs

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Its serenity and peacefulness lets you escape, the beautiful gardens & rooms feels like a little piece of paradise.
Lillian is a wonderful hostess and goes out of her way to make you feel right at home. I was pleasantly surprised to see that Lillian and her sister fetched the staff in their own vehicle the day after Christmas when the busses and taxi's were running late, to make sure that every need of their guests were catered for.
Well done, your team is absolutely amazing, and I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo