“Incredible Value”

Price range: US$15 - US$20
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Second time in Durban after one year , i went back to Cargo hold to repeat the great experience the year before.
Happy to see that the quality of the food is still there
We tried different dishes from meat to fish, plus dessert.
Everything very good.
What makes this place special beside the obvious water tank with sharks is the value, just amazing

Recommended

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I had a very nice meal that this unique restaurant that looks into a shark tank at uShaka Seaworld. There were four in our party and all enjoyed the food and service. Our server recommended an excellent bottle of white wine from a local vineyard.

Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Myself and two friends went to this restaurant and thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere, decor and service.

However the seafood that we ordered was all cooked from frozen stock and was awful. The staff openly admit that the fish is frozen and say it is due to supplier issues.

They were very apologetic and replaced our meals for something else of our choice off the menu this however was still not amazing.

A lovely setting but shame about the poor food.

Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

We booked a table at the Cargo Hold about a week ago. Upon arrival we found they had not registered our booking but still gave us a table. We were sat nowhere near the aquarium and when I asked to move to one of the many empty tables closer to it, we were told we couldn't as they 'might' be reserved for other guests and that we hadn't booked, (even though we had, and it was in fact them that had lost our booking). Whilst we dined there, we continually felt as though our waitress just could not be bothered making us resent paying the 10% service that is custom in SA. As for the cleanliness, the cutlery was dirty and throughout the night we saw 2 cockroaches. We were thoroughly disappointed especially after friends had told us how good the restaurant was. I will not be recommending this to anyone in the near future.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

What a bad experience. it was a very special night for me as it was my anniversary. i booked my table 2 weeks in advance. when i called to confirm my booking. no one could assist me, when i arrived i was pushed in a little corner in the restaurant, children was running up and down and playing table tennis with the utensels on the tables, we got stuck in the corner and forgoten about. we ordered drinks and it took 20min to arrive for the 2 of us. table wasnt even laid correct no napkins or serviets, when asked for one, but still didnt receive anything. main meals was bland and not as specified on menu. this was a horrrid experience as i dine here frequently for buseness and thats why i chse to spend my special night there as i know its usualy good. when coming to pay time the waitor insist on a cash tip, and said i cant pay tips with my card with rest of bill. a feeling of never going back to this place not even for buseness