“Brilliant”

Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Butcher Boys, an elegant upmarket steak restaurant, opened its doors in Morningside, Durban in November 1999. This sanctuary for meat lovers serve the best grain fed beef South Africa has to offer and our wet & dry aging process results in exceptional quality and texture. Our in house butcheries will cut to your preference whether it be lean or with a little fat or of a particular weight or thickness. Our unique temperature controlled wine cellars proudly house a diverse selection of indigenous vintage estate wines from the fairest Cape and surrounds.
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Place had everything, character great service, great food at a very reasonable price. Best steak I have had this year. If I ever go back to Durban this will be my first port of call.

Visited March 2014

Indian Shores, Florida
“Whatta Steak ! !”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Had a superb evening at Butcher Boys. One of the better steaks I've had anywhere and I know my steaks on 7-continents. I asked them to alter their sirloin and calamari combo with an upgrade to fillet and calamari which they cheerfully did. Unlike many places, they know how to cook steak just so, and they did a perfect job on my medium rare selection. The Calamari was equally good and again perfectly cooked so it was not chewy as it can so easily get. They had a nice bar with a good selection, service was friendly and casual. Importantly, it was quite affordable and a great value for the quality of food and service.

They were hopping busy on a Thursday night and we had to wait 10-minutes to get a table, so I'd recommend reservations. If I'm back in Durban, I'd be happy to go back

Visited April 2014
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Awesome Steak”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Steak grilled to perfection just the way I asked. 3 of us ordered the special of the day, which was a aged Sirlion steak, with a mild chilly mussel topping soft and juicy, as recommended by the efficient friendly waitress. All 3 were perfectly grilled. They age their meat on site and will advise you what is at it's prime on the day.

• Visited April 2014
“It's true - their steaks are legendary!”
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Florida Road in Morningside buzzes with activity with many restaurants and pubs vying for your attention. Well, look no further if you are after excellent service and outstanding food. The vibe is great, kind of obvious because the food is great! My husband recommends the Marrow Bone starter, he polished it off in a flash. Our mains were Rib Eye steak and grilled Calamari in lemon butter sauce. The steak was accompanied by a baked potato, green peppercorn sauce and a Greek Salad. Wow! Super tasty. The only niggling tiny thing was the small cocktail menu, just 4 cocktails to choose from - but hey, when the food is so great, who actually cares. Go there, you won't be sorry!

Visited April 2014
Cape St Francis, South Africa
“Great food and friendly service”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My wife and I were recommended to this restaurant during a recent stay in Durban. On our arrival it didn't look too good because there were very few customers but that changed a bit later and the very friendly and efficient service and superb quality of the food was just a winner.
I forgot my jacket on the hanger and on walking into the restaurant the following day, I was recognised and my jacket produced for me. Excellent.
For those who love meat - A great place to visit.

• Visited April 2014