“cosy italian spot in florida road durban”
Review of Spiga D'oro

Spiga D'oro
Ranked #5 of 641 Restaurants in Durban
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 20 June 2014

went for dinner to experience a different spot for italian food. the service was excellent and food was delicious. very busy so be prepared to wait if you go over a weekend for super. we were entertained with the world cup soccer games on tv screens and place mats giving us the game fixtures. the waiters all had t shirts made to represent the world cup feel. friendly atmosphere but parking was a nightmare to find.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Was in town for business, decided to check this place after it being suggested by a friend.
Great spot on Florida road.
Was a quiet (In Winter on a Wednesday night) but i can see some awesome time in the summer.

A bit small, so space is limited. Think they would struggle with a large group. (Will probably need a reservation)
Service was quick and friendly.
Had a pizza,which was average. Decent price.

Place is more about the vibe than the food, would go again with a bunch of friends.

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Great location.. Reminds me of the cafes along the cobble streets in Europe. Good service, good food, great social, trendy, radiant ambiance..

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We arrived without reservations (group of 7) and were shown the bar area where we waited about 20 minutes until a table was ready for us.
We had traveled from East London that day and were looking for a good feed and we had one. I enjoyed my gnocci and the others enjoyed their pasta.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Disappointed! After being a loyal customer of your restaurant in Florida Road for many years, I wanted to try out your new restaurant in Durban North on Mackeurton Avenue, as I live in Durban North and tried to make a table reservation only to be coldly advised that your rigid policy of no reservations applied even on a Wednesday evening at 7pm in the winter months! So I am left believing that you do not want or need my business and have decided to use my current favourite Italian restaurant in Durban North - Mama Luciana's in Glenashley, who are more than double the size and far busier. If you ever hope to emulate their success, I would strongly advise you to revisit your no reservations policy.

1  Thank Mark H