“Very Average seafood”

Ranked #104 of 633 Restaurants in Durban
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We visited the Cape Town Fish Market in Gateway Mall recently. Although it seems like a popular restaurant, the service and quality of food was only average. I ordered the calamari and prawns plate, but the calamari was a bit too "chewy" and all the food floated in a very strong tasting sauce, which took away all the flavour of the calamari.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

This is the second time I have got home from CTFM gateway and been very sick. I usually love the food here and come often to meet my family for some sushi. But this is the last time I will ever eat there again. Not only are they charging high prices for their sushi, this is the second time I have been ill after eating there. The first time I thought it could have been something else I ate during the course of the day but now I know it was their fish as this time both my mom and I got sick and the ctfm food was the only thing we ate that day. They must really sort this out as we aren't the only ones going home ill. Really disappointed and will not be going back.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I'll return for sushi at Cape Town Fish Market in Gateway Mall. The service was great and the sushi even better. I recommend the Roses platter and the bean curd spicy prawn rolls - it's a taste sensation!

Reviewed 20 December 2013

We went to the CTFM at Suncoast on a night that offered discounts on platters. We each had huge platters of mixed seafood - that was far more than we could eat, but it was all delicious. I would definitely go back again.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

The upgrade of this franchise restaurant was worthwhile, giving it a more open appearance, outdoor dining and a teppenyaki bar. Service has never been great at this restaurant, but this time the waitress was quick and efficient.
The Tuesday 50% discount on sushi is a real bargain and can be recommended.