“Good but could do better”
Review of Bite Your Tongue

Bite Your Tongue
Ranked #86 of 627 Restaurants in Durban
Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I came upon this sushi restaurant when another one I was looking for was closed. At first it looked promising but then I saw that they have the habit of putting mayonnaise on sushi. Sorry but it doesn’t cut it for me perhaps it’s a South African thing but not very traditional. Having said that generally the quality was good but there was something lacking.

The place needs some renovation and a better atmosphere creating as it’s rather garage like inside. I found it expensive for what I had compared to other sushi places in the area.

There are newer reviews for Bite Your Tongue

Reviewed 6 May 2013

I was quite hungry after work and decided to stop over at the restaurant. From the outside it looked a little unpresentable with its outdated name sign and slightly odd location. I was quite surprised with the inside though which was very, very neat.

The staff were quick and very friendly.

Our sushi arrived in less than 15 minutes, and it was delicious.

This is definitely one of the best sushi restaurants I've been to in Durban

1  Thank Sandeep-za
Reviewed 18 February 2013

I couldn’t classify this as a Chinese restaurant because apparently they also serve sushi and sashimi (which is a common thing in Durban – no authentic Chinese restaurant). Despite not being authentic, the food is tasty and the staff are quite quick. I tried the sour soup, sizzling beef, spicy chicken, and a noodle dish which name I had forgotten. They’re all tasty. However, the manager/lady owner when asked to explain what some dishes are could not give information so we did not get help on which dishes are worth trying. The location is quite close to other restaurants so you can hop to another place for desserts.

Reviewed 9 January 2013

Veryn ice spot with awesome specials. gets very crowded but is trendy and great food. Get there early!

Reviewed 6 January 2013

We used to attend Bite Your Tongue quite frequently, especially before the restaurant renovations were completed and always thoroughly enjoyed our meals and the ambience...things have changed somewhat, the restaurant has been upgraded but the service is not what it used to be, we had to wait quite a while for each round of sushi which was a downer on the whole experience....the seating is squashed and being jammed next to a diner from another table doesn't auger well for comfort...a pity...