I know people are giving this 3 stars, perhaps more, but our group had a great experience at this hotel. First of all this hotel was recently renovated and the rooms are outstanding. You do have a long walk to your room from the lobby, but don't let this deter you. There are no elevators so if you're on the 2nd floor, you have to walk up a small flight of steps (hey, we needed the exercise!). The rooms are modern, clean, have a safe, flat screen TV and a safe. There is Wifi only in the large lounge area (perhaps this has changed). The gift shop is well stocked and prices are reasonable for T-shirts and souvenirs. The food in the restaurant is buffet style - both breakfast and dinner - and very good/not outstanding. Wine prices are reasonable. The hotel has an interior courtyard with a large weaver tree where weaverbirds keep busy all day and are quiet at night. It's truly amazing to see the birds in action. Make sure your have your camera!. Don't miss it. Kudos to the female housekeepers that loaded the luggage on our bus - God Bless them for this. I would definitely recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Anew Hotel Hluhluwe & Safaris - Luxury Set in the Heart of The Zulu Kingdom. Rich in natural ambience and with a distinctively African rhythm, Protea Hotel Hluhluwe & Safaris treats guests to luxurious accommodation, tantalising cuisine, and a world-class service with friendly staff who live the motto "hospitality is our game". The Protea Hotel Hluhluwe & Safaris encourages visitors to leave the modern world behind and to embark on a discovery ... The untamed beauty of Kwazulu Natal's Elephant coast and the neighbouring wildlife and marine reserves have created a vibrant eco-system of unrivalled diversity. Soak up the sun at the swimming pool terrace and feel the cultural richness in the evenings whilst sipping on a refreshing sundowner and watching the Zulu dance shows are held beneath the magnificent Umkanyakude (Fever) Tree. At Anew Hotel Hluhluwe & Safaris, you'll discover the wild nature of Africa, rejoice in the luxury and revel in the friendly warmth of one of Africa's most welcoming hotels!Let one of our Guides take you on Game drive adventure to Hluhluwe/Umfolozi park or one of the many interactions and activities The Elephant Coast has to offer . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Anew Hotel Hluhluwe & Safaris reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Protea Hotel Hluhluwe And Safaris
- Anew Hotel Hluhluwe & Safaris South Africa - Zululand