This hotel is set approx 17 km away from Hluhluwe game reserve which I guess is why most people will stay at this hotel along with the fact that St Lucia is a bit further south so you can visit both and stay at this hotel.
I would do what I did if you want to visit St Lucia and stay at the SeaSands hotel and conferance Centre which if you click on my profile you will see my review of it where everyone seems to give it 5 out of 5 which it does deserve where you must visit Cape Vidal and go on the boat ride to see the Hippos, check out my review of the seasands on my profile.
The Hluhluwe Hotel is smart enough with nice clean rooms and it looks impressive enough, but its a kind of soul less place where I think you could stay for a week and still feel as though your just another guest making up the numbers, where as with some hotels especially smaller ones your made to feel extremely welcome and the staff go that extra mile to make you feel welcome.
Thats not to say I would not stay here again but dont expect the staff to be tripping over themselves to make your stay really special.
The meals are really nice so no problem eating here, the main plus for this hotel is the fact that you can jump into one of the ranger driven guided jeeps that the hotel own and are parked on site and be straight into the game reserve in 30 mins flat and be driven straight back to this hotel for dinner.
Nothing terribly wrong with this place apart from the personnel friendly touch apart from that no problem staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Anew Hotel Hluhluwe & Safaris - Luxury Set in the Heart of The Zulu Kingdom. Rich in natural ambience and with a distinctively African rhythm, Protea Hotel Hluhluwe & Safaris treats guests to luxurious accommodation, tantalising cuisine, and a world-class service with friendly staff who live the motto "hospitality is our game". The Protea Hotel Hluhluwe & Safaris encourages visitors to leave the modern world behind and to embark on a discovery ... The untamed beauty of Kwazulu Natal's Elephant coast and the neighbouring wildlife and marine reserves have created a vibrant eco-system of unrivalled diversity. Soak up the sun at the swimming pool terrace and feel the cultural richness in the evenings whilst sipping on a refreshing sundowner and watching the Zulu dance shows are held beneath the magnificent Umkanyakude (Fever) Tree. At Anew Hotel Hluhluwe & Safaris, you'll discover the wild nature of Africa, rejoice in the luxury and revel in the friendly warmth of one of Africa's most welcoming hotels!Let one of our Guides take you on Game drive adventure to Hluhluwe/Umfolozi park or one of the many interactions and activities The Elephant Coast has to offer . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Anew Hotel Hluhluwe & Safaris reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Protea Hotel Hluhluwe And Safaris
- Anew Hotel Hluhluwe & Safaris South Africa - Zululand