“Had a beautiful night”

and 1 more site!
Amorello Safari Park
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Was at this beautiful, quite and amazing Lodge on the 11th Nov travelling with my boyfriend for a night as we had a long drive. We stayed at Impala Chalet as the rooms were full. We didn't mind to be on a self catering room as we were just there to rest for a night and go in the morning and we had supper already.
I loved the room & the view even though its very far from the reception especially if you are driving but its quite and there is privacy ( was scare to walk in a walkway to our rooms from the parking as the rooms is in a bush-like place ) but all in all for me its an average Lodge to stay in may be for a weekend away with your Family or Friends.
The price is reasonable for Chalet.
Please check water at bathroom, they were not running properly.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hlengiwe Z
Bushgolf, Owner at Amorello Safari Park, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Hi Hlengiwe,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review for us, much appreciated.

The chalets are very private, and granted, the bush at night can be a bit intimidating when one is not used to it, but i can assure you that you were 100% safe at all times whilst at Amorello.

We are about to upgrade all the chalets extensively, but we promise to keep the outside showers as I am sure you must have enjoyed showering under the stars.

We hope to see you soon.

Regards,

Warren

Reviewed 9 October 2013

We arrived to check in..were asked to pay the outstanding amount on our credit cards..only to be told the credit card machine did not work..after 10 minutes the receptionist "made a plan".
We asked if there was someone who could help us carry our luggage to the chalet the response was "no". So after 5 trips between the car and the chalet we opened a bottle of wine only to find 2 odd wine glasses in the chalet.
There were many other incidents like a resident rat.
To summarize..I would not book this lodge again the "gym" is filthy, the pool table is locked away and we were told we need R250 cash to unlock the room...there was no fire in the eating area..the couches were dirty and the facilities meet the minimum only.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank MegsJones
Bushgolf, Owner at Amorello Safari Park, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

HI Megan,

Thanks for the review.

Unfortunately credit card machines, even with dual sim cards, often do not pick up signal out in the bush which can be a bit frustrating for both parties, but i am really glad to see that my receptionist "made a plan" at least.

Our games room is locked in order to control the usage as well as damage control, and a refundable deposit is a normal request, as would be the same at any other venues with the same equipment.

The Chalets, which most people find 'very comfortable' as per the reviews, are all about to be totally upgraded though, and hopefully we will still get to see the occasional Elephant Shrew, as the reason most come to this area is to escape the city hustle and bustle, and get a bit of nature for the soul?

Hope you have a great day.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

I have just spent the weekend of September 6th to September 9th at Amorello Bush Golf Lodge with a friend, and I actually had such a good time that I then came back the next weekend.

It must be said that you should not expect to see the Big 5 while drinking your sundowner at the bar, but it is the perfect base for discovering what is in my mind the most fantastically diverse area of South Africa, and probably Africa itself.

Accomodations offer a choice between private chalets or rooms. I did not actually stay in a room but visited one briefly, and it looked very spacious and rather well-equipped.

I would however recommend one of the chalets, which is where I stayed both times. They are very comfortable and intimate. It's like a real home away from home, except better than my home in my case.

The lower floor comprises a well-equipped kitchen (fridge, stove, kettle, sinks, plates, glasses, cups, free coffee and tea...), a dining room and living room well furnished and really pleasant to stay in, as well as a proper bathroom (wuth a bathtub) and an outside shower. Upstairs are two big rooms with a large balcony each, which feel more like a terrace and are perfect for enjoying the beautiful view and night skies. I just loved waking up at dawn and stepping out of the living room, sipping my coffee while being serenated by the songs of birds, with duikers and other antelopes grazing about 100m from where I was standing.

There is also a barbecue setup in the garden. Both the rooms as well as the living room are equipped with AC and fans, and the beds are very comfy.

The bar, restaurant and lounge area is nice, with very good service, and a pizza oven which produces Italian quality pizzas. I must admit I can not say much about the rest of the food on the menu, since I got addicted to the pizzas...

The golf course is a true bush course, not a five star PGA course but it is well-maintained and playing among the wildlife made me see golf in a new way.

In the main area, there is a pro shop, a pool table, a fitness and the major sports events are broadcasted on a big screen.

The best thing for me was the fact that Warren, the owner and manager, was an ever-presence in the main area: he was very helpful in advising and helping me organising trips to the many attractions that are within an hour of the lodge (beach, fresh water lakes, pans scintillating with birdlife...).

WIldlife, relaxation, sports, snorkling, surfing are among the many joys that this place has to offer.

I would definitely reccomend this place and actually intend to go back there in February or March 2014, since there are still many activities I haven't had the time to experience. I'll review it as well to see if service levels match my first two experiences.

Room Tip: Chalets are amazingly peaceful, private and intimate
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Etienne R
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Amorello is a fantastic place to use as a base to explore the Maputaland area. There is a well-maintained 9-hole golf course (mind the impala, zebra and wildebeest!) and a really good restaurant that serves very good pizza and other food. The rooms are tastefully decorated and very comfortable. Amorello is within close drives of Hluhluwe/Umfolozi Game Reserve and other wildlife areas and also only 45 minutes from the beach at Sodwana Bay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 August 2013

First we must say we did enjoy our stay, and recognize the efforts of the staff and owners to make every effort to help us.

There are a couple of things on the minus side that should be more clear when making a booking decision,
The lodge is very close to the R22 road, which is busy and we found very intrusive in our room, however after asking were we were located in one of the lodges, so much better. many thanks and would recommend that if you book - book a lodge.
The golf couse was very poor - the greens very dry and not in a good state, we know it was winter but playing was a bit of hit and hope. ( a quick tidy up of the golf shop would not go a miss)
There was maintenance being done on the roof and this did close the terrace and bar. Which was ok for us as we did the game park... Better to shut and get this work done.

On the positive the staff always helpfull and proactive when dealing with the maintenance work
We did enjoy evenings in the restaurant and bar. Good value and honest food.

Average - but such helpful staff... And a nice feeling about the place in the sunset

Room Tip: Take a lodge if you want a more restfull time
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Bushgolf, Owner at Amorello Safari Park, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Hi Peter,

Thanks very much for taking the time to write a review for us.

I must apologise for the maintenance work which was underway when you were here and appreciate your patience and acceptance of it.

We hope to see you back here again when we can offer you BIg 5 on the farm next door in the near future.

Keep well.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

What an awesome place, unbelivable venue and great food!!! Staff are always will to go the extra mile! You have to try the 'all rounder' pizza! From warm summer days to cosy winter nights you can only expect the best for this wonderful 'home away from home'

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Wow we had such a blast at the sun set deck that barely noticed much else.
Woke up feeling great, Aircon is a huge Godsend as well as a comfy bed. We really enjoyed that Warren fit us in last minute. Had a good chuckle watching the game on the golf course. Thank you to the Whole AMO's team for Great memories!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the golf course really great at sun set!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends