Nibela surpassed all our expectations! All chalets are totally private, accessed by means of wooden boardwalks, feels like walking through a tropical forest. Our unit was beautifully appointed with a private deck giving stunning views of Lake St Lucia, which has water now and although not 100% full, is still a sight to behold. We enjoyed an informative guided walk, will definitely do the quad bike trail next time! The meals were excellent and a really nice touch was being able to order home-baked goods from the kitchen, so we were able to take home a 'slice' of Nibela. Mini bar prices very reasonable as were the curios. This very special and tranquil resort should be enjoyed by all seeking a breakaway in the African bush, but still wanting to enjoy the luxury of a beautiful and comfortable unit. Excellent value for money!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An exclusive location in the unique conservation area of the iSimangaliso (Greater St Lucia), Wetlands Park, situated in one of Africa's World Heritage Sites. A wetland of international significance and national pride. Nibela Lake Lodge blends almost magically into the forest surrounds. Eleven luxurious thatched chalets are situated high up in the ...Cool forest beneath a magnificent canopy of trees, where guests can enjoy the solitude and tranquility of Africa at its best. Enjoy breakfast and lunch to the song of indigenous birds or dinner under a sky of scattered stars with only the multitude of bird species breaking the silence of the tranquil sanctuary. Kiddies meals and vegetarian options are also available on request. Offering ultimate comfort, the units include en-suite bathrooms, mini-bar, dressing-room and private viewing deck where sundowners can be enjoyed in a serene and secluded setting with spectacular views. TV's with DSTV in rooms. The prestigious complex seat 30 people and focuses on personalized service and excellent cuisine. A lounge area with TV and DSTV channels, housing a variety of wildlife books and board games leads out onto a wraparound wooden viewing deck. The lodge also boasts a bar with TV and DSTV channels, entertainment centre, curio shop and two swimming pools to cool off in the magical Zululand climate. Swimming towels and umbrellas are available at reception on request. The lodge also has a giant chess set in the garden, a jungle gym and trampolines. Boma dinners with Zulu dancing every Tuesday and Saturday evening (weather permits) Viewing deck on the Hell's Gate side of the property. We are very focused on birding, as we are situated in on of the top 10 best birding spots for rare birds in South - Africa. We offer guided walking trails and our guide Lucky is extremely experienced. We have a boat for scenic and fishing trips on the famous Lake St. Lucia. This is very popular activities and a lifetime experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Nibela Lake Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nibela Lake Hotel Hluhluwe
- Nibela Lake Lodge Hluhluwe, South Africa - Zululand