We stayed for 3 nights for game viewing. We loved the property and seeing antelopes and zebra even on our drive from the main gate to the lodge. Our lodge on stilts was clean and comfortable. We loved sitting on our terrace watching the monkeys and antelopes roaming around. The staff were friendly and very helpful and as there were only two couples staying for our first couple of nights we were even provided a dinner under the stars by the pool. We had wonderful game drives in Hluhluwe with Hamilton, who had us up at dawn but showed us more animals that we ever hoped for - including (at a distance) lions and very large numbers of rhino. We were also able to get very close to all sorts of animals - giraffe, zebra, wilderbeest, warthogs, various antelope - in Ubizane game reserve within which the Tree Lodge sits. Zululand Tree Lodge was extremely comfortable, luxurious even, but without being opulent: it never seemed over-the-top given its place in such a natural haven.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the cool, whispering tranquility of a fever tree forest, the TreeLodge is a truly special retreat where you will be accommodated in luxurious stilted chalets. Enjoy the quiet lounge, observation deck and a sunny pool area where you might be visited by a family of warthog, a shy Red Duiker or a pair of Purple-crested Loeries. Accommodation at Zululand Tree Lodge consists of thatched chalets raised above the floor on stilts, set in the cool tranquility of a fever tree forest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Zululand Tree Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zululand Tree Hotel Hluhluwe
- Zululand Tree Lodge Hluhluwe, South Africa