The Hluhluwe River lodge bordering on the False Bay park and the Hluhluwe river, is perfectly situated to allow exploration of the surrounding area although once settled in to one of the lodges hidden away in the bush this is a difficult place to leave. The restuarant and bar, situated at the central lodge with its wide farmhouse style verandas surrounding a boma where guests relax around the fire, serves an exceptionally high quality menu of traditional South Africa foods and game meats. Gavin, Bridget and the staff are the perfect hosts with their warm hospitality. The lodge has to be on the top of any list and is highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hluhluwe River Lodge is an intimate forest lodge situated far from the hustle and bustle, offering a tranquil environment and relaxed atmosphere. The lodge is ideal for self drive visitors looking for a fully catered restaurant facility and spacious living area. The main lodge has a lounge, expansive terrace and Wifi facilities. Ideal for a family getaway or a couples retreat, our attention to detail and personal touch will make your stay memorable. Upon request, we offer guided walks into False Bay Park which includes forest and lake shore experiences where the focus is on the little details and magic of our greatest asset, the Sand Forest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with South African Hotels, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Hluhluwe River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hluhluwe River Hotel Hluhluwe
- Hluhluwe River Lodge South Africa - Zululand