Wonderful place to experience the natural trills of the South African Bush. The staff is very knowledgable, courtous and professional. They saw to our needs in a kind and thoughtful way. Although the reserve is not one of the biggest in the region by far it is afine represntation of the natural wonders that the Zulu Natal region has to offer. It is a great "jumping off" place for trips to Tembe Elephant Park, St. Lucia and the other game preserves.
We would go back in a flash if we are ever given the opurtunity..Wonderful, wonderful trip..Thank you to all the staff, especially Jacgue - our game driver, for a true South African adventure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Heritage Safari Lodge was originally built in the 1940’s as a hotel and was a landmark pit-stop for weary travelers between Maputo and Durban. Acquired in 1996, the gracious building was lovingly restored to its original colonial grandeur, enhanced with new accommodation, and tastefully themed to highlight Zululand’s unique cultural heritage.With buffet-style meals in our restaurant, the wide, welcoming veranda and our ‘human watering hole’ - the pub or thatched boma, warm and relaxing atmosphere is conducive to shared good times and conviviality. The sparkling pool is always inviting, and you’re sure to enjoy browsing our beautifully stocked curio shop for a few authentic African mementos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Zulu Nyala Heritage Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zulu Nyala Heritage Safari Hotel Hluhluwe
- Zulu Nyala Heritage Safari Lodge Hluhluwe, South Africa - Zululand