We stayed in a spacious tented unit - interesting combination of brickwork and canvas tent (the roof and most of the side walls are canvas). The only drawback with this is that these units are obviously not sound proof and although free standing, the units are pretty close to each other and a noisy neighbor can be a nuisance. Unexpected visitors are a tame herd of zebras grazing on the lawns of the hotel grounds and in between the units. The staff are extremely polite and helpful. The buffet breakfasts and dinners were sumptuous. The big attraction is the game drives and we had a fantastic outing with close encounters with a cheetah mom and cub; a rhino mum and calf and a very close encounter with some elephants. Various other animals were also spotted. Well worth a visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Heritage Safari Lodge was originally built in the 1940’s as a hotel and was a landmark pit-stop for weary travelers between Maputo and Durban. Acquired in 1996, the gracious building was lovingly restored to its original colonial grandeur, enhanced with new accommodation, and tastefully themed to highlight Zululand’s unique cultural heritage.With buffet-style meals in our restaurant, the wide, welcoming veranda and our ‘human watering hole’ - the pub or thatched boma, warm and relaxing atmosphere is conducive to shared good times and conviviality. The sparkling pool is always inviting, and you’re sure to enjoy browsing our beautifully stocked curio shop for a few authentic African mementos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Zulu Nyala Heritage Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zulu Nyala Heritage Safari Hotel Hluhluwe
- Zulu Nyala Heritage Safari Lodge Hluhluwe, South Africa - Zululand