My partner and I had an awesome weekend away from the hustle and bustle of city life at Zulu Nyala Heritage Safari Lodge. Our room was simply furnished and had both a shower and bath, which I loved. The food was delectable and we had dinner in the boma on our final night, accompanied by Zulu dancers, which was a mind blowing experience. The game drives were such an experience and we managed to spot elephants, giraffes, wildebeest, nyala, impala, buffalo, rhino, cheetah, hippos and many other creatures of the wild. I definitely will go back for a second visit, this time with my family in tow.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Heritage Safari Lodge was originally built in the 1940’s as a hotel and was a landmark pit-stop for weary travelers between Maputo and Durban. Acquired in 1996, the gracious building was lovingly restored to its original colonial grandeur, enhanced with new accommodation, and tastefully themed to highlight Zululand’s unique cultural heritage.With buffet-style meals in our restaurant, the wide, welcoming veranda and our ‘human watering hole’ - the pub or thatched boma, warm and relaxing atmosphere is conducive to shared good times and conviviality. The sparkling pool is always inviting, and you’re sure to enjoy browsing our beautifully stocked curio shop for a few authentic African mementos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Zulu Nyala Heritage Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zulu Nyala Heritage Safari Hotel Hluhluwe
- Zulu Nyala Heritage Safari Lodge Hluhluwe, South Africa - Zululand