I stayed at the Royal Palms this last week for a work trip to Durban.
The rooms are clean however the hotel lacks in atmosphere and you get the feeling that it is a little rundown. The staff are slow and the breakfast options are not the best.
The only good thing about this place is that:
1) The rooms are large and you get a balcony.
2) The location is amazing as it is right opposite the Gate Way shopping center.
I would suggest for the same price staying at one of the other hotels right next door. HolidayIn Etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just 20 minutes from King Shaka International Airport and in close proximity to the La Lucia Ridge office estates, the Umhlanga village and the Umhlanga beachfront, aha Royal Palm is an ideal location for both business and recreational travel. The aha Royal Palm Hotel offers a selection of stylish accommodation, from junior suites to studio and 2 bedroom apartments, through to 2 and three bedroom penthouses. All rooms and suites feature numerous facilities and state of the art technology. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your aha Royal Palm Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.