“Very average Casino”

Sibaya Casino & Entertainment Kingdom
More attraction details
Owner description: Sibaya Casino & Entertainment Kingdom basks lazily in the green hills just north of Durban. Conveniently situated between Umdloti and Umhlanga, it is the ideal getaway for those seeking all the thrills and spills, laughs and luxury KwaZulu-Natal has to offer. In the Sibaya Casino, players and gamers can try their hand in some the biggest and most exciting tournaments that South Africa has ever seen.
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I was far from impressed with this casino. No free drinks, regardless of how much you gambled, free drinks were only available to signed up loyalty card members who have reached a certain level, so for the out of Towner’s like me, tuff luck! Pit bosses were more interested in talking to their mates who were playing the tables than finding you a waiter. Far too many hanger-on’s loitering around, security didn’t seem to care. I won’t be going back.

1  Thank Graeme B

Reviewed 30 August 2013

See a lot and lose a lot. The restaurants are amazing and have something for everyone. There is also a fast food court for those who want something lighter. The casino area was very busy yet quiet considering the amount of slot machines. They have a smoking slot area which I did not enter and it was very busy. One need plenty money and a few hours to enjoy the whole experience. Unfortunately gambling is a lonely activity so if you do go with someone, make sure they are also involved with the slot machines. The bar service is very bad as you either have to go to the counter yourself or call for a waiter and be patient. This seems to be the norm in casinos in SA.
The actual building is beautiful and is set amongst the sugar cane farms. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Those who I spoke to for info knew exactly what to answer and know their "product"
Given the time and money, I would be back tomorrow. Sadly I am leaving Durban, so it will have to wait for my next visit.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

I really do not gamble as I honestly believe it is a game for suckers, however the people I was with do, so we went to the Sibaya casino about 8kms/5 miles, from Umhlanga Rocks.
It is a smallish casino with the usual surrounding shops etc.
They do however have 2 good restaurants. One of them excellent.
Not a place you would like to spend more than a few hour at unless you enjoy losing money gambling. (Sorry all casino's, I didn't know that it was supposed to be a secret.)

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Great food at Aqua - very lovely sushi. The rebuilt Mangwanani Spa is really an excellent place to relax - very tranquil surroundings. And the Magic Kingdom was the perfect place for my three-year old nieces to play - we had a hard time dragging them away at bedtime. Overall, a very pleasant experience.
The highlight was definitely dinner at the Royal Court Grill - perfect setting, excellent service and awesome food. I was pleasantly surprised by the wine list, too.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

compared to Suncoast or ...to Vegas ....better not to compare . an ok place , we went mainly for a show , not sure we need to go back