Holiday Inn Express Durban - Umhlanga
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Coastlands Umhlanga(Umhlanga Rocks)
View Hotel
Road Lodge Umhlanga(Umhlanga Rocks)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Garden Court Umhlanga(Umhlanga Rocks)
View Hotel
Royal Palm Hotel(Umhlanga Rocks)
  • Pool
View Hotel
AHA Gateway Hotel(Umhlanga Rocks)
Teremok Marine(Umhlanga Rocks)
View Hotel
All reviewsbutcher blockhi expressihg memberper daysea facing roomlamb sausagegateway mallthe breakfast areabudget hotelthe hotel is cleanundercover parkingbuffet breakfastconvenient locationthe hotel offersrooms are comfortableone night stayyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We were in the area and needed one night stay. It was a pleasing experience room was perfect only beds are small. Service was excellent when we requested a cot and extra bedding it came immediately. Hotel looks nice from outside reception were friendly even got a late checkout only breakfast was a bit sad not a wide variety and if you go late things are all finished so go early also no making of eggs and omelette etc but a basic selection management should have extra in peak season. Overall a good stay will return soon thank you

Room Tip: Choose a sea facing room I'm sure the view will be fantastic
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Holiday Inn E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Durban - Umhlanga, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Thank you for your positive feedback from your recent overnight stay with us. I am glad that we were able to accommodate your requests timoulsy. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel in the near future.

Warm regards
Bronwyn McLeod – General Manager

Reviewed 22 February 2014

I stayed for two nights on a business trip. Convenient and comfortable for the business person. Not really a holiday hotel. Although I did spot many foreign tourists. The rooms are reasonable size modern comfortable. The breakfast average but everything you need. Had supper one evening in the restaurant. The steak was good. Staff helpful and friendly. Nothing much nearby to do.

Room Tip: ask for sea view at least
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Holiday Inn E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Durban - Umhlanga, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are pleased to hear that our facilities were in line with your business requirements and furthermore that you had a good meal experience at the outsourced Butcher Block Restaurant. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Warm regards
Bronwyn McLeod - General Manager

Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

I was in durban with my wife for some business. this was my first visit there so used trip advisor to check out a few hotels & finally decided on this one. Its a great place a walkable distance to a nearby mall, and also to the beach. ask for ocean facing rooms for a great view. its in a quiet area of town and has secure parking. the food is good - try the prawns!. there is free wifi in the rooms. the hotel staff is also quite helpful. i had a meeting on the other end of town and they helped me not only get up on time but also arrive there on time, they even prepared a breakfast pack so i wouldnt miss breakfast...how thoughtful.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank lsn-rhm
Holiday Inn E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Durban - Umhlanga, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Thank you so much for your positive review of our Hotel. I am pleased to hear you had a memorable stay with us and that you feel you received great service. We certainly do value your feedback and we certainly look forward to your next visit with us.

Yours sincerely
Bronwyn McLeod – General Manger

Reviewed 14 January 2014

last stay - 16 Dec, 2013 and 17 Dec, 2013.. I am a regular guest of this hotel and whenever I visit Durban .. I always stay in this hotel..
Staff is very friendly .. Rooms are comfortable .. Very Nice Shower, Housekeeping is very efficient.. Buffet Breakfast is delicious......Over all Good Service....
Surely I will recommend to all of my friends and I will always stay in this hotel.. Keep it up !
Planning to come again in MAy, 2014.. So see you soon guys

Room Tip: All rooms are good..
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank nffp
Holiday Inn E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Durban - Umhlanga, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thank you for your continued support. We truly value your feedback and are pleased to read that you had a wonderful stay at our establishment in December.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel later this year as indicated in your feedback.

Yours sincerely,
Bronwyn McLeod – General Manager

Reviewed 13 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel from the 31st Dec 2013 to 2 Jan 2014. The service at this hotel was absolutely shocking. There were cockroaches crawling around the breakfast room. The pool was green and the hotel expected guests to swim in this water.
I raised my concerns with management who advised that they would look into the matter and provide feedback. To date, no feedback was provided.
It appears that management have no authority to make decisions at this hotel and customer service is not a priority.
I certainly wont be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Muhammad Anees H

Thank you very much for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Durban Umhlanga. I am sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We'd like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honour of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Umhlanga.

Bronwyn McLeod