“All time favourite”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Its not often that you can find a restaurant where the managers and staff are just as welcoming as the regulars!

I recently stayed in umhlanga over the Comrades weekend and it was such a treat to be taken to Steak and Ale Wow!!!! Words cannot explain how amazing the food and service was.

I ordered the ribs which I had told I need to try and they were out of this world,I dont think iv had ribs like in years!!! Friends of mine enjoyed the burgers which looked so tasty amd juicy. I definitely suggest trying their food on your next trip to umhlanga.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I love this place. The service is good and very professional. The beer is cold and the food is great. This has become a must for me whenever I am in Umhlanga. The place has a nice friendly feel good vibe. Can recommend!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I have been an irregular local in Umhlanga for the last couple of years and have come to love this spot. Always a great place to have a few cold beers (the best draught venue in SA currently) and the food is superb. Whether it's sundowners with mates, dinner with a date or late night festivities in the village Steak and Ale always delivers.
The staff are friendly and professional, the food generous and tasty and most importantly of all, the beers are cold!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Ok, so i have really tried to give the restaurant a few changes. This first time i went, i had the pepperdew steak which was truly amazing so on the 2nd time visit, i ordered the same thing. Went back twice due to the lack of pepperdews and cheese filling. Not acceptable, especially when management started to get a little snotty.....great draught beer and excellent location but i wont be back for a while.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Been traveling to South Africa a few times a year for 15 years. The Steak and Ale served me an excellently prepared rump steak - one of the best I have had. I added some gorgonzola sauce to round out the meal. I would highly recommend this spot for steaks. Right in the heart of town.