“Reasonably busy but very ordinary fare served in an ordinary way!”
Review of Steak and Ale

Steak and Ale
Ranked #18 of 135 Restaurants in Umhlanga Rocks
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We were really disappointed with this restaurants food! It was ordinary to say the least! It was reasonably well patronised at lunch time which is why we walked in! My guess is that the patrons enjoy the 'ale' rather than the food. With so many other restaurants on offer we would not go back!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We ended up at this restaurant by accident as it was the only one still serving food. I think they were a bit nervous when they saw us marching up the road and desperate for food. Managed to persuade them to feed us. Service was good and friendly by our young student waitress. We were a group of 12, so she had her hands full with all the banter. Food was really good. Starters were yummy. Steak and chips were excellent. Couldn't fault it

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Stepping off the plane only sort while before we headed in to the visage to find somewhere to eat and stumbled on this gem!

The beer was cold, service friendly, and the steak was superb.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Excellent place to stop for an end of day drink - frequently!?! - friendly relaxed service - great food & good value for money ...

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Its not often that you can find a restaurant where the managers and staff are just as welcoming as the regulars!

I recently stayed in umhlanga over the Comrades weekend and it was such a treat to be taken to Steak and Ale Wow!!!! Words cannot explain how amazing the food and service was.

I ordered the ribs which I had told I need to try and they were out of this world,I dont think iv had ribs like in years!!! Friends of mine enjoyed the burgers which looked so tasty amd juicy. I definitely suggest trying their food on your next trip to umhlanga.