Coastlands Umhlanga
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Road Lodge Umhlanga(Umhlanga Rocks)
  • Pool
Garden Court Umhlanga(Umhlanga Rocks)
View Hotel
Royal Palm Hotel(Umhlanga Rocks)
View Hotel
AHA Gateway Hotel(Umhlanga Rocks)
  • Pool
All reviewssaffron restaurantconference venueprawnsroom keyrooms are biggateway shopping centrebreakfast buffethotel is beautifulbusiness tripwonderful stayroom was spaciousclose proximityenjoyed my stayeasy accesssea viewattention to detailfloor
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My first time in Durban and I was welcomed at this hotel.
reception very helpful and all staff charming and welcoming.
It is quite a walk to the beach and the Gateway shopping mall
but manageable. About 15 mins to each.
Rooms are comfortable and spacious they could do with iron and board
The food in the restaurant is good .
They need a business center,but they did sort out my need to print.
They need more TV channels.I missed the BBC channels such as
World,Knowledge,Entertainment etc.
Gym is adequate but need a weights machine.

Room Tip: 5th fllor is nicest with some areas to sit outside your room
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Having stayed here before we knew what too expect. This is the first hotel where I have stayed with the reception on the 4th floor! Having said that, I will always return here when we stay in Umhlanga. This hotel deserves its star grading. The food is of the best that can be found in Umhlanga. The rooms are great and the service is exceptional. If I had to find fault, I would recommend they improve on their porter service.

Room Tip: Book for your spa services BEFORE you arrive: you won't get an appointment otherwise.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Zapiture
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Let me be honest. This is a very nice hotel. Friendly staff and a decent location for the beach etc which is a 15 minute walk. My room was fabulous and very luxurious. My only complaint was that my room, booked through hotels.com was not found when I checked in and I had to firmly stand my ground to get a bed after a 24 hour journey. I had to leave my Amex details to secure a room despite having pre paid. Also, on check out, they tried to charge again. Although reception staff were friendly, the check in and out experience was like an amateur Fawlty Towers, very unimpressed. Otherwise, a great hotel, magnificently comfortable and great food.

Room Tip: Reconfirm your booking before you travel!!!! butchers Block restaurant at the Holiday Inn Express across the road, is a fabulous and great value restaurant.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Letter to the GM: "Hi Andre,

My fiancee and I attended the aforesaid function on Saturday night and stayed over at your hotel.

We were very impressed by the event's food, service and efficiency in general.

I was delighted on the Sunday morning with all the breakfast staff on duty who allowed me to participate in making my own "Andy's giant omelette". The service was once again exemplary.

Please thank all your staff."

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I spent one night at this hotel. It is conveniently located in Umhlanga Rocks, close to the Gateway mall and the beach. Also close to a lot of the business parks in the area.

The check in staff was friendly and helpful. The room was nicely sized, clean and well equiped. Breakfast and wifi was included in my rate. The bed was great and comfortable.

Good hotel for a business stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business