I've to South Africa several times in the last 2 years. And since my trip is for 2 weeks each time, I always stay at City Lodge-Umhlanga, over the weekend. I stayed there during my Aug/Sept11 trip also, I find it an excellent place. Friendly staff & good, clean rooms. Also, since it is next to the Gateway Shopping Mall, there are great dining options for lunch & dinner.
The only issue I have is that there aren't too many TV channel options if you want to want to watch TV. The hotel chain can definitely work on that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated next to the upmarket Gateway shopping and entertainment complex, City Lodge Umhlanga Ridge blends into the surroundings of its modern environment. Durban is just minutes away on the adjacent freeway, as is the city’s international airport. The five-storey hotel is in the heart of the new business district that has emerged in the Umhlanga area. It is also a short drive from Umhlanga’s popular promenade and beach front. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your City Lodge Hotel Umhlanga Ridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- City Lodge Umhlanga Ridge Hotel Umhlanga Rocks
- City Hotel Umhlanga Rocks