I have just returned from another stay at City Lodge Umhlanga. I always love it as it is in the best location for shopping etc at Gateway. The hotel entrance is just a few metres away from the restaurant court. the shops are a few more metres away and in the shopping centre there is plenty to do like - theatre, m ovies, ten pin bowling, wave house etc.
The breakfast is very good at this hotel.
The staff are always helpful.
The rooms exactly what would be expected at a City Lodge.
My only complaint this time was the noise from outside. I have never noticed it before but my room was on a different side of the hotel this time (overlooking the swimming pool) and i really found it very noisy. Not from the pool though. I'm not sure where the noise came from but it was as if we were in town.
Overall, I can highly recomment his hotel for people who need/want to be near Gateway.
For people who don't know, this is not a beachfront hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated next to the upmarket Gateway shopping and entertainment complex, City Lodge Umhlanga Ridge blends into the surroundings of its modern environment. Durban is just minutes away on the adjacent freeway, as is the city’s international airport. The five-storey hotel is in the heart of the new business district that has emerged in the Umhlanga area. It is also a short drive from Umhlanga’s popular promenade and beach front. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your City Lodge Hotel Umhlanga Ridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- City Lodge Umhlanga Ridge Hotel Umhlanga Rocks
- City Hotel Umhlanga Rocks