“Gorgeous”
Review of Beverly Hills

Beverly Hills
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Umhlanga Rocks
Reviewed 16 May 2014

An amazing beautiful setting to match an amazing beautiful hotel. Fabulous service, fabulous food and attentive staff. Would put up against any luxury beach resort in the world. Was heart wrenchingly painful to leave.

Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
BEVHILLSUMHLANGA, General Manager at Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and we were sorry to see you go but hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

While attending Indaba we ate every day at a different venue. On the first day we went to the Beverly Hills Hotel for Breakfast and all I can say is it was by far the best breakfast and the most value for money. The selection and presentation is absolutely phenomenal. The quality of every item on the Buffet was very apparent.

Your host, who's name I have shamefully forgotten, was undeniably the best host we came across. We asked for a site inspection and it was not an issue, everyone in the hotel approached us and explained everything in detail. This was not the case at many other hotels.

To the Management you should be exceptionally proud of your staff. To anyone wanting to stay in Durban I have worked in Top 5 star Hotels and this is by far the best hotel in Durban.

I must just say that every breakfast after Friday morning was such a disappointment and most were the same price!!!

Room Tip: If you sit outside there are monkeys which is unfortunately beyond the hotels control. The hotel is...

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are delighted you enjoyed your breakfast in the Sugar Club.
We pride ourselves in professional intuitive service and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future .

John de Canha,

Reviewed 12 May 2014

This is my husband and my favourite place to escape the chaos of everyday life....a night here is perfect to catch your breath. The hotel lives up to this 5 stars ++++. The service and hospitality is top! All facilities offered with amazing food at all their restuarants

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kimmyroberts100

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is our privilege to play host to you and we pride ourselves in intuitive professional service.
We are glad you have left with happy memories and look forward to your return.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I went to South Africa for a business trip in January of this year and my first impression of the Beverly Hills was WoW. The decor, the location the rooms were absolutely wonderful. This really was a Five Star hotel and I have stayed in a few over the years through work. I am not sure but I think all the rooms have a sea view and it was absolutely breathtaking to be awake to see the sun rise each morning. I just wish my wife had been there to experience it with me. The staff were very helpful and nothing was too much trouble and the food was exquisite from the breakfast buffet to dinner each evening and because of the strong pound it was fantastic value. This hotel isTHE hotel to stay at in Umhlanga Rocks simply because of its wondeful location. I couldn't get enough of the sea views each and every day of the 10 days I stayed there. You may also get to dine with the stars, as during my stay I actually sat next to Sigourney Weaver (no joke) and she asked me directions to the wonderful nearby fish restaurant I'le Maurice which I happily obliged. However, everybody gets treated the same at this wonderful hotel and all for just under £100 per night for a superb double room including breakfast. You dont get that in London for some crumby three star. If ever I need to go back to Durban, either on holiday or for business, I would choose Umhlanga and the Beverly Hills. This was actually one of the few times I was actually sad to leave a hotel. Truly amazing.

Room Tip: All rooms facing the ocean are amazing.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and our beautiful location. We pride ourselves in professional intuitive service. The hotel is an icon and landmark in KwaZulu- Natal and it is a privilege to be working in the hotel in her 50th year and are determined to hold this esteemed position for decades to come

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Had a small private dinner for a client for 30 people last night. Hats off to Sihle, Andile and Sbu for their fantastic service and patience and assistance. The food was great and am very happy to recommend this property. Rooms are great too and you can't fault the views. Can't wait to go back! Well done BH!

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we are delighted your event was a great success. We get much pleasure from reading your compliments which motivate all of us to keep striving for the best service.
It is our privilege to part of the hotels 50th birthday celebrations and we hope to see you back very soon

Kind regards John de Canha

Reviewed 5 May 2014

As you will read in many of the comments here, this is a great hotel. But the service is really what sets it apart. Way apart.

I have NEVER been at any establishment where the service is as consistently amazing, friendly and considerate as at the Beverly Hills. All staff were not only super friendly, but they were really interested in how I was enjoying my stay. Not one conversation featured fewer than 4 or 5 full sentences - all of them aimed at me. It was like being in a dream-like utopia where everything was simply amazing. And I never, ever heard the word NO. Sometimes the answer was no, but it was delivered in such a gentle fashion that I was happy to receive it.

We checked in for a birthday stay and alerted the hotel to this fact. Upon arrival the staff had placed a chilled bottle of MCC, a tray of sweets, a birthday platter with chocolate mousse cake, and rose petals in the room to mark the celebration. These treats were not asked for - and it was another amazing touch that made the whole stay so much better than anywhere else I'd been.

Other small touches really snapped my neck, too. These included a gentleman who uses a small brush to straighten the tassels on the Persian carpets in the main entrance, a poolside team that actively works to help you find a pool seat - even when they all seem taken, Nespresso machines in each room, the occasional (but not instrusive) knock on the door to check whether our room had been adequately cleaned or turned down, and a life guard at the pool who makes it his business to entertain the children while keeping an eye on their safety. Most importantly: not one of the staff members ever looked disinterested or miserable while going about their duties. And not one allowed me to pass by without making eye contact and saying hello with a big smile in their eyes. Kudos to the management team for fostering an environment that is clearly as enjoyable for staff members as it is for guests.

So were there any complaints? One, perhaps, is that noises travel between rooms. Not the sounds of televisions or people speaking, but noises created by doors, patio furniture etc. being moved around. If you're a light sleeper you may find these intrusive. If not - you're in for the perfect stay.

Highly recommend, and can't wait to go back as soon as possible.

Room Tip: Rooms at the ends pf passages, and as high up as possible are the best.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and birthday celebration . We pride ourselves in professional intuitive service. The hotel is an icon and landmark in KwaZulu- Natal and it is a privilege to be working in the hotel in her 50th year and are determined to hold this esteemed position for decades to come

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Great location and the staff were very warm and friendly. Right on the beach wonderful pool. Rooms are quite small but very nice. Would definitely go back. The kids club in the holidays is fantastic..

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and in particular the SunKids Club. We pride ourselves in professional intuitive service. The hotel is an icon and landmark in KwaZulu- Natal and it is a privilege to be working in the hotel in her 50th year and are determined to hold this esteemed position for decades to come