Beverly Hills
  • Breakfast included
US$179
Protea Hotels
  • Pool
AHA Gateway Hotel(Umhlanga Rocks)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$105
Agoda.com
Protea Hotel Durban Umhlanga(Umhlanga Rocks)(Great Value!)
US$132
  • Pool
City Lodge Hotel Umhlanga Ridge(Umhlanga Rocks)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$123
Agoda.com
Royal Palm Hotel(Umhlanga Rocks)(Great Value!)
US$211
US$95
US$111
US$105
Agoda.com
Garden Court Umhlanga(Umhlanga Rocks)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$131
Orbitz.com
Teremok Marine(Umhlanga Rocks)
TripAdvisor
The Sibaya Lodge(Umhlanga Rocks)
TripAdvisor
1,262 results
All reviewssugar clubnespresso machineattention to detailthe general managerstar hotelindian oceanpool areaexceptional serviceoverlooking the seabeautiful hoteltsogo sunout of this worldbeach frontsouth africafantastic stayhis teamtop class
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Excellent service, sea view which was really nice. The service of hotel staff and is excellent. The GM went out of his way to ensure that i really enjoy my birthday in style. The treat was tops and classic. I really enjoyed my stay and i will definately recommend the hotel to my friends, family and colleagues. Keep it up Tsogo Sun Beverly Hills you are tops>>>>

Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
BEVHILLSUMHLANGA, General Manager at Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. The only way we can live up to our Beverly Hills promise, is through feedback from our guests.

I have taken the liberty of sharing your kind words with the team as we always strive to provide our guests with a distinctive service and a memorable stay. Your words were visibly heartening to all as it gives the team tremendous recognition for their efforts. We are delighted you enjoyed your birthday with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Booked a table of 7 for my Mother-in-law's 50th birthday on Saturday. Location and atmosphere was really good. The eats were decadently yummy. Let downs on the event were:-
- the slow service
- some of the teas on the menu were not available and when the teas were delivered to us we did not have tableware to go with it.
- and when i had booked the table with the Banqueting Admin Assistant i had advised that it was her 50th birthday and the Assistant advised that it would be made as special as possible - Guess what - nothing special from the Hotel or staff.

Definitely will not be going back for Haute Tea at this establishment again.

1  Thank Dhiraj R

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review .
I was saddened to learn of your experience as this is not the Beverly Hills experience, we all strive to achieve.
I will make contact with you to discuss in person .

kind regards

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We had a wonderful stay with my family. My children were happy, especially the movies they watched in the evening. The staff is very well trained to serve,and always with a smile. Our holiday was too short and we plan to come back soon

Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

I decided to spoil myself recently. Needed to go to Dbn on business. Booked a night at Beverly Hills. For R3000.00 per night I would have expected a serviceable room with a full bathroom. What I got was a gar cry from this. A small pokey room, shower in the bath and when you showered the entire room was like a sauna as there was no extractor fan.

A huge disappointment for that money... people, there are much better hotels around the area at half the price.

Hotel is tired and needs a serious revamp....

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Wade G

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. The only way we can live up to our Beverly Hills promise, is through feedback from our guests, and we have taken your constructive criticism very seriously.

I would like to make contact with you to discuss in person.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

This elegant and relaxing hotel delivers on almost every expectation of a luxury venue. It is situated right on the beachfront which provides magnificent ocean views, and is a short walk from a variety of restaurants/ bars/ coffee shops in trendy Umhlanga. The service in every dept is exceptional, under the watchful eye of world class General Manager John de Canha, and everyone we met was friendly, efficient and professional. The food is fantastic - the breakfast buffet (with menu option) offers a wide variety of healthy food which we thoroughly enjoyed at a leisurely pace on the sunny terrace, while dinner at the Sugar Club was absolutely delicious and beautifully presented. The large, heated swimming pool is lovely with comfy loungers and attentive staff, but it has little privacy as the whole hotel faces this area so may not appeal to all.

The rooms are small by South African standards but are elegantly decorated and have nice extras like a DVD collection and Nespresso machine. Our room was spotlessly clean and very comfortable. The room has a very small balcony which has zero privacy, but the spectacular view somewhat makes up for this. The only negative of this hotel for us is the bathroom which is really cramped with a narrow shower space in the bath - I can't remember the last time I saw a shower curtain in a hotel, which I think is very unhygienic but also impractical in terms of keeping the water in the bath. There is also little space for shampoo bottles etc. Shower time was thus a rather unpleasant, messy event.

I love the luxurious ambiance of this hotel and would definitely be a regular weekend guest if the bathroom was improved.

Room Tip: Request a room higher up to avoid noise from the restaurant terraces below.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple