“A must Visit”

Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 October 2013

The meal I ate was not only an exquisite example of how to marinaded a chicken but the experiance of dining at Mozambik was wounderful.

The food come out so fast that they left me truely impressed at their service delivery.
The price of my meal was, in my book cheap for having recieved "one of the most delicious portions of chicken" for that price range I honestly dont think it easy to match.
Service is always a big factor for me when trying to enjoy a meal out and at Mozambik they have great service. Need i say more, but i will... the waitors are friendly and kind. It seems like good service is on the top of their list for customer enjoyment.

Thank you Mozambik Gateway I walked out in a better mood then I walked in and yes I'm still craving another chicken.

See you soon

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Apon visiting Mo-zam-bik I was promtly seated, and welcomed in the appropriate mannor. The waitor was well informed on the menu, and immediately started recommending drinks and cocktails that he felt I would enjoy. Well needless to say his recomendations and my expectations of the drinks were throughly met. The waitor then explained the specials and certain items on the menu he recommended in a manner, that a person would expect from a fine dining resturant. My overall decision in regards to food, was the crayfish and prawn thermidor. And that dish, just rounded off my overall expectation. The dish was exceptionall made, and presented in a way that I couldn't wait to just dive into. From my first to my last bite, the taste never got bland! My waitor then recommended a desert called the chocolate rissols, and after all his recommendations being right. I couldn't help but try his last recommendationg, and again the desert was amazing! As I cracked opened the rissol and saw the chocolate just ooze out, I couldn't resit to just dive in, and the melted chocolate mixed with the icecream and the deep fried pastry made for a perfect combination. Overall I was throughly pleased with the service and food I received! I think the only thing that couldve made it better, would be live music playing, making one feel more as if they were actually in mozambique.I'll defintely be back and would recommend this resturant to anyone who lives in kzn, or is just visiting on a vacation. Thanks again for the great service, was much appreciated, and was defintely value for money!

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Last night once again had the pleasure of eating at Mozambik Gateway. I never leave there disappointed. The food, as always was really good. The chourico done the proper Portuguese way, using proper chourico! Have never had a bad meal at the Gateway branch, and hence I keep on going back. Special mention to our waiter from last night, Tony, a really awesome chap, friendly and efficient, and to the owners, especially Johan, who always makes you feel at home. Definitely recommend to anybody looking for a chilled environment and great food.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Visited Mo-zam-bik many times in Johannesburg as well as Durban. The atmosphere at the two are totally different. The Durban restaurant is much more chilled compared to the Johannesburg restaurant which is more formal (This is my personal opinion, I know that the restaurant is not a fine dining restaurant). The service at the Johannesburg restaurant is also different. The staff are much more informative and whats interesting is that the staff show you at your table the different sizes of prawns sold. I don't think that this is done in Durban. The johannesburg restaurant is popular for its prawn dishes. I had the prawn and chicken meals in the Durban restaurant and found it to always be dry and lacking flavour. The only dish that keeps be going back is the prawn thermidor which is one of the most delicious dishes I have ever eaten. It is not on the menu but written on the board at the entrance of the restaurant. This dish is a must for everyone that visits the restaurant.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Its a great place to eat at and has chilled out vibe but there's no way that one can visit Gateway without trying the prawn thermidor from here. I think that this dish is on the board of specials inside the restaurant and not on the menu itself so make sure you ask for it, you'll never regret it.