“Excellent service and food at Ocean Terrace Restaurant.”
Review of The Oyster Box

The Oyster Box
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Umhlanga Rocks
Reviewed 18 September 2012

My fiance and I went out to dinner at the Oyster Box - Ocean Terrace for our anniversary and the service was outstanding and so personalised. Our waitor, Morgan brought us a slice of delicious cake with 'Happy Anniversay' written in chocolate on the plate. Cant thank you enough for the wonderful evening. I would like to commend our waitor, Morgan on his outstanding service.Well done!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Sharon C, Manager at The Oyster Box, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2012

Dear Guest thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay at The Oyster Box, we are delighted that you enjoyed the changes that we have made. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
kind regards Wayne Coetzer General Manager

Reviewed 12 September 2012

The Oyster Box Umhlanga provides an exquisite and luxurious experience. I had the priviledge of attending a seminar on a few occasions and was never at any point dissappointed.

They have managed to recreate the experience for me over and over again. Further to this is the staff's absolutely dedication in making guests feel welcome, which adds that regal touch.

I suppose that there many hotels who have equal or better in terms of interior design, but the lighthouse and shoreline are in close proximity are priceless.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
wayne020, General Manager at The Oyster Box, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a tripadvisor review.

I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed the stay with us. We take great pride in providing the very best service and nothing makes us happier than knowing a guest had a lovely time.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 10 September 2012

Value for money rating is 3.5 . Situation value is 5. Service 3.5. Attitudude of service staff is well below average of the Beverly Hills hotel and our experience of hotels of the same stature in the UK.

Stayed: September 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write.

We appreciate your average rating of 4 overall.

I am however sorry you didnt experience The Magic that all our other guests experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 September 2012

I chose to visit the Oyster Box hotel at the end of a very exhausting summer production schedule. I needed a break, a pamper, a sanctuary, a recharge of all my batteries, and just landing in the lush, tropical rolling hills of northern Natal was already enough to start the ball rolling. the Oyster Box is a mere 20 minutes from the airport and yet it feels like you are miles away from anywhere and everywhere. From check-in to check-out I was made to feel at home. I was made to feel welcomed and special and the sanctuary of our villa was just what the doctor ordered. the walls were silk clad, the bed linen was the very best, the service unobtrusive and the breakfasts totally fabulous. I left after 2 nights feeling refreshed and like I had been away for a month. I will certainly be booking at the Oyster Box for a couple of days after Fashion Week at the end of October. One could get used to this life!

Room Tip: depends of what you want. I chose a garden villa because I didnt want the distraction of the sea vi...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your very much for your kind comments regarding the hotel.
It is always a pleasure to welcome guests back and we look forward to seeing you again on your return.

Reviewed 2 September 2012

We've known the Oyster Box since every August when our now adult children were small and it always had a special place in our hearts. Then it became a little run down and tired. We heard it had been taken over by the expert hoteliers the Tollmans and boy! Have they done a rejuvenation job par excellence. Somehow managing to keep the lovely colonial feel but giving it an opulence that is stunning. And the staff are also so proud to be working in such surroundings and the service is top notch. Beautifully situated at the top end of the beach in front of the lighthouse. Expensive yes, but magnificent -an unforgettable experience.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Sharon C, General Manager at The Oyster Box, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2012

Dear guest thank you for taking the time to post a reiview about your recent stay at the Oyster Box, we are very proud of the renovation of the beautifull "grand old dame". Thank you for choosing to stay with us, I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
kind regards Wayne Coetzer General Manager.

Reviewed 26 August 2012

Stayed at the hotel with my family for 3 days at the end of June. If you held a gun to my head I couldn't fault this hotel. From check inn to room to room service nothing less than 10 out of 10.

One aspect that stands out above all the other truly excellent aspects is the restaurants and the service associated with them. On more than one occasion the Manager Danny Govender stood out as the driving force behind this. A big well done.

OBH you have a truly satisfied customer in me.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
wayne020, General Manager at The Oyster Box, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2012

Dear Guest

Thank ypu so much for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay at The Oyster Box.

I was delighted to read you enjoyed so many aspects of the Hotel.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 25 August 2012 via mobile

What an awesome weekend in a fantastic setting. From the time we arrived we were treated like "special guests". We arrivedid morning and our room want ready, but the front desk was extrey efficient in trying to ensure that we could check in and unpack. Wonderful views in a great location. Will be back

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review.
It gave me great pleasure to read you enjoyed so many aspects of this beautiful Hotel.
We take great pride in The service we provide.

Thank you for choosing us over so many Hotels in the area.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.