The Oyster Box
US$133
US$117
  • Breakfast included
AHA Gateway Hotel(Umhlanga Rocks)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$108
US$112
US$105
US$199
US$155
Travelocity
  • Pool
City Lodge Hotel Umhlanga Ridge(Umhlanga Rocks)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$123
Agoda.com
Protea Hotel Durban Umhlanga(Umhlanga Rocks)(Great Value!)
US$203
US$162
Priceline
Teremok Marine(Umhlanga Rocks)
US$335
Beverly Hills(Umhlanga Rocks)
Hotels.com
Cabana Beach Resort(Umhlanga Rocks)
  • Pool
uMhlanga Sands Resort(Umhlanga Rocks)
2,069 results
All reviewscurry buffetthe grilllighthouse barhigh teaoysterswayne coetzerocean terrace restaurantoyster barresident catgarden villaattention to detailour waitersea facing roomcolonial styleindian oceanbucket listtreated like royalty
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I took a group of friends for afternoon tea at the Oyster Box at the end of a memorable holiday in Kwa-Zulu Natal and it was just amazing. Having long been a fan of afternoon tea at the Mount Nelson in Cape Town, I didn't think it could get any better but the Oyster Box just blew me away. The setting is glorious and the food divine. The service was impeccable, friendly but unobtrusive in a distinctly colonial style. At less than £15 per head, this is a must for anyone visiting Durban and beats tea at the Ritz in London hands down.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank meadwaytravel
OBHumhlangaRocks, General Manager at The Oyster Box, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing me with some feedback following your visit to The Oyster Box.

I am absolutely delighted to hear that you were blown away by the wonderful atmosphere, delicious food and impeccable service at The High Tea held daily in The Palm Court.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

Again, I have been fortunate to stay at The Oyster Box in Umhlanga and again it was a simply incredible experience. Congrats Wayne and the team for running such a first class show. The rooms are beautiful, the food is delicious and the staff are the friendliest and most efficient around. Taste the Beef Short Rib on the Terrace - sublime. This hotel is comparable to the best in the world. I will be back.

Room Tip: I stayed in a Sea Facing Cabana.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind note about your recent stay at The Oyster Box.

I am delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your time here and that the friendly staff took great care of you throughout your stay. I am delighted too that you enjoyed the delicious Beef Short Rib served on The Ocean Terrace which boasts spectacular views of the ocean.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for yet another memorable stay.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

We attended a wedding at the The Oyster Box Hotel over the weekend, I am at a loss for words to describe the food, the service and the setting not to mension the view overlooking the lighthouse.
I would go out of my way to recommend this hotel to anyone, I really can't fault them.
Well done guys, we will definitely be back.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
OBHumhlangaRocks, General Manager at The Oyster Box, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide me with some feedback following your recent visit to
The Oyster Box on the occasion of a wedding celebration.

I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed yourselves, in particular the delicious food, the efficient service and the beautiful setting overlooking the lighthouse.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

It was our very first trip to South Africa, and luckily we booked this hotel instead of one in Durban where my business was. We stayed here for 6 nights, and my wife was really sad when we left the hotel. Is is simply fabulous! The rooms are unique with excellent ocean view. The food is superb, not just the well known curry buffet, but a simple fish-and-chips also. We really felt throughout our stay that the staff is here for us; they were very polite and always at help if needed.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay at The Oyster Box.

I am delighted that you found everything to your liking, in particular, the friendliness and assistance of the staff, the delicious food and the unique accommodation overlooking the ocean.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

We attended a wedding here and the hotel was completely out of this world! Everything was immaculate and the food, phenomenal!!! I have never met such friendly staff, nothing was too much for them. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will be back very soon. Thank you!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback following your stay at The Oyster Box on the occasion of a wedding.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your time here and that the friendly staff took great care of you throughout your stay.