“A real spoil.”

Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Umhlanga Rocks
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“A real spoil.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

As supporters of Red Carnation Hotels, we were expecting a good experience. This member of the group is exceptional with service second to none. The rooms are fresh and the sea facing rooms a delight. A dinner in the Grill Room was very special - superb service and food. We can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Sea facing room for the joy of looking at and hearing the ocean!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
OBHumhlangaRocks, General Manager at The Oyster Box, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your stay at The Oyster Box.

I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed yourselves, in particular the fantastic service levels, sea facing room and your experience in The Grill Room, our fine dining restaurant with delicious food.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Wayne Coetzer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (572)
Serengeti National Park, Tanzania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

My youngest sisters first wedding anniversary was on the 1 September so I spoilt her and her husband by arranging a romantic dinner at the Oyster Box hotel. I couldn't do this all by myself as i live in the Serengeti, so I sent a few emails and the fantastic staff at the Oyster Box created a magical evening that my sister hasn't stopped raving about!
Upon arrival ALL the staff greeted them and wished them a Happy Anniversary - the service, the food and ambiance were so special and seeing my sisters photos I know that I made the right decision. It is a little bit pricey - but you absolutely will NOT be disappointed!
I am already planning my hubby's birthday for next year - and have got the Oyster Box and their service oriented staff number one on my list!
Thank you so much for giving my sister and her husband a beautiful first anniversary!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
OBHumhlangaRocks, General Manager at The Oyster Box, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide me with feedback following your sister and brother-in-law's first wedding anniversary celebration at The Oyster Box.

I am delighted to hear that they thoroughly enjoyed themselves and that the staff took great care of them on this special occasion. My staff are passionate about ensuring every guest's experience here is amazing and that every guest leaves wanting to return.

I look forward to welcoming yourself and husband when you celebrate his birthday next year.

Maple Valley, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

We stayed at the Oyster Box on a one night lay over in Durban and then again a week later. If we only would have known... The service, the staff, the experience was beyond exceptional. From the moment we walked in to the door we were warmly welcomed and every need taken care of. When we came back a week later for anouther one night lay over the staff actually remembered our names, who we were and what we had been doing the past 6 days. The hostest at the resturant greeted us by name, I don't remember even telling her our name on the first stay there. Had we known what we were about to experience we would have extended our stay to several days. We plan on traveling through again and we will stay for a couple of nights. Our stay there was worth every cent. Thank you to the staff for their amazing attention to detail and excellent service.

1 Thank Pat E
OBHumhlangaRocks, General Manager at The Oyster Box, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words following your stay at The Oyster Box.

I am absolutely delighted to hear that you were blown away by the exceptional service, friendly staff and the overall experience which included the restaurants.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Oyster Box soon.

Claremont, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

On our recent trip to Durban we were fortunate to call into the Oyster Box Hotel and were surprised and delighted by what we saw. The staff were friendly and everyone was greeted and made to feel special. Each of the dining and bar areas had been superbly decorated and as a lover of fine china and special antiques I quickly fell in love with this beautiful hotel. We were there on a perfect day, and the white wrought iron furniture coupled with the red and white stripped cushions took on an air of elegance. We were fortunate enough to be given a tour of the hotel accommodation and found the colour schemes to be "mouth watering" The coral rooms set against the blue ocean were just breath taking. The High Tea was outstanding and more. Our waiter, Marcel, was attentive and caring and so interesting to talk to. I would happily recommend this hotel to my Australian friends visiting Durban.Happy memories and stunning photos were taken away.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide me with some feedback following your recent visit to The Oyster Box.

I am absolutely delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed yourself, in particular the friendliness of the staff, the tour of the hotel and the delicious High Tea served in The Palm Court. My staff ensure that every guest's experience here is amazing and that every guest leaves wanting to return.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit from Australia.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

The oyster box is absolutely beautiful. The views, staff, location, rooms and food are unbeatable. I absolutely recommend the oyster box to everybody. I stayed here whilst on business from the UK and will definitely return for a holiday.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review following your stay at The Oyster Box.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourself, in particular the views, staff, location, rooms and the delicious food.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your holiday next time for another memorable stay with us.

Cape Town
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

My stay only brings fond memories..the staff I'm sure are all hand moulded. Very attentive and they see to all your needs and likes. From day one they remembered our names. High tea was everything including that. They have massive containers of sweets and dried fruits placed all over the hotel, and also little packets just in case the guest wants more.
They had copious amounts of oysters for breakfast every morning
We had a seafacing room and the view was superb. Staff member Carolina Elizondo went the extra mile to make us feel welcome and comfortable.Will definately stay there again.

Room Tip: Choose a sea-facing room
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide me with some feedback following your memorable visit to The Oyster Box.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves, in particular the attentive staff and the accommodation with superb ocean views.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

This hotel can only be rated excellent. The attention to detail in every possible aspect is nothing short of spectacular. The manner in which the service is delivered is the special component of this hotel that differentiates it from others. The Oyster Box staff compliment has exceeded expectations. Every member of staff goes beyond the call of duty for their guests. The special and extra finishing touches with service delivery will impact your stay in the most unbelievably positive way. Presentation and representation of the hotel, its people and everything it has to offer is superb. Our conference held at the Oyster Box Hotel was successfully implemented and I know that without the input from the Oyster Box Team the event would not have been the success that it was. One truly has to experience the hotel in order to truly understand that service service service service is key and service is what they do really well in the most beautiful surroundings. The venue and the staff make it work seamlessly. I will not be surprised if we hold our event at the Oyster Box hotel again next year as I believe this experience is going to be hard to beat. As beautiful as the hotel is as well as its location (would you ever think you'd be able to conference and workshop in the most spectacular conference room - facing the ocean) it’s the way in which you are treated and the overall experience that is makes all the difference. It was special and as some of the delegates were departing from the hotel (some of whom have travelled to the most prestigious hotels around the world) they mentioned that they were sad to leave the hotel - normally they are not sad leaving a hotel but this time they were sad. It's the experience, the people and the service that contribute to the beauty of your stay. If you're looking for a memorable experience - one that leaves a wonderful memory in your heart - then take the time, save the money and invest it in an experience that you will never forget - Stay at the hotel - not only is it ideal for conferencing but the hotel can offer so much more-restful and refreshing getaways, etc. Such an amazing place, with amazing facilities, and most of all - amazing people. You simply cannot go wrong at the Oyster Box. The decor, delacies and the details associated with this hotel are first class infact I take it further to say that The Oyster Box is a hotel which is in a CLASS of its own. So inspired to read the story associated with the history and the founders - so proud to be South African when you see the perfection, excellence and warmth this hotel has to offer. Thank you Oyster Box Hotel team and Thank you Mrs Tollman.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide me with some feedback following your stay at
The Oyster Box.

I am absolutely delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed yourselves, in particular the attention to detail and the wonderful service levels. My staff ensure that every guest's experience here is amazing and that every guest leaves wanting to return.

I look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable conference and stay.