“Best accommodation ever.”

and 1 more site!
Teremok Marine
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Umhlanga Rocks
Reviewed 6 July 2012

Well managed, friendly staff. Great biscotti at the coffee station, relaxing spa and view that take your breath away.

Room Tip: Milkwood room
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Kim D, Owner at Teremok Marine, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2013

We are very excited and proud to have just been named 10th Top Luxury Hotel in South Africa in the TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice 2013 Awards! We also placed 18th in Top Small Hotel in South Africa, and 20th for Top Service in South Africa.

Thank you so much for you taking the time to review Teremok Marine, and for securing our positions in these prestigious awards - it really is much appreciated.

There are newer reviews for Teremok Marine

Reviewed 4 July 2012

An inspiring place!

Beautifly designed butique hotel with a lovely ocean view.

We loved everything about it.The food, neatness and the feel of home. Staff was also very helpful with tips on where and when to go. We had an amazing time and will definitelly come back again.

If you decide to stay here it's a must to book your massage at the hotel's spa as well. It was the best I've ever had.

Good luck guys. We wish you all the best!

S&J

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 July 2012

What can I say - superb , personal service from all the staff , with unique and individual rooms that are superb , and hugely comfortable. Teremok even provide a fre shuttle car to local restaraunts and attactions.
Located just off the beaches , the Teremok is just far enough from the centre to be peaceful and quite , but near enough for a short stroll back from dinner in one of the restaraunts

Room Tip: they are all good
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 30 April 2012

We stayed in Teremok for our honeymoon and what a great place to start our life as a married couple. The Staff was so friendly and the place is homely. It exceeded our expectations. The 1st day of the stay my husband was not feeling well and the staff was so helpful to pick up med's for him. We hope to return to Teremok for couple of our many annivesaried to come.

Room Tip: We stayed in Milkwood as a newly wed it was perfect with an open bath and the bed facing the sea vie...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 April 2012

Treating myself to three nights at the end of my trip was a great idea and proved to be just the ticket. As the previous reviews have mentioned Teremok offers a thoughtful, friendly and high quality experience. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 18 March 2012

This hotel was my hub during a 6 week stay in South Africa. It suited my needs perfectly.

When I got off the plane exhausted from work, jet lag, etc., I slept for much of my first stay. This guest house does soundproofing and privacy better than any other guest house I stayed at in South Africa. It was the only guest house I stayed at where I thought it was possible to have sex without disturbing the other guests.

The second time I stayed I was coming back from a month in the bush. I arrived in a cyclone and they handed me a big umbrella that I used for the rest of my stay. An umbrella seems like a small thing but, after a month of being subject to the weather's every whim, being able to stay dry was really a delight. When I arrived, all of my clothes were so dirty I was considering throwing them out. But Teremok offers free laundry service and by the next afternoon, I had clean laundry.

I never had any problem getting spa appointments. Their skin care services are phenomenal.

They think of everything down to the last detail from the muffins available 24/7 in the eating area to the well stocked honesty bar to the beach towels WITH a beach bag. Not only are they thoughtful, but they make everything easy and that is my favorite part. The beach towels are in your room not available upon request, the wi-fi is free and available everywhere, the laundry is free, you don't have to check out the umbrella, and the furnishings are lovely but you never feel like you can't sit down on them.

Staying in 3 different rooms that had very different feels definitely made it fun, but it is the relaxing vibe they create that just can't be beat.

Room Tip: I stayed in Juliet, Vladykin, Douglas. Juliet is on the top floor and has better views but Douglas w...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Brusheep

Reviewed 24 February 2012

If you want to sample the best lodge in Umhlanga (for that matter South Africa) then you must treat yourself to a stay at the Teremok Lodge. It is personalised service at its best. Your hosts Kim, Ninette and Inessa always make you feel welcome and cater to your every need. The spa has two top beauty therapists who will make sure that you leave feeling pampered and relax. Don't take my word for it just go and sample service at its best.

Room Tip: each room is totally unique my favourite is Milkwood
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo