To start I would say that I don't tent to leave reviews often... so the very factalready talks for itself! Well... that and the other 70 reviews : )
I visited Umhlanga for work and stayed at Teremok a couple of nights, and it was just what I needed.
The place is amazing, I really liked it… it is a bit different from your conventional hotel (and I do travel a lot internationally) but I really liked it.
The standards are up to a top hotel but due to the number of rooms and the nature of the place itself it just feels homey, comfortable and I really had the impression of being given my space but having an outstanding service available for whatever I may have needed. In fact I would definitely say the service goes the little extra mile which makes a huge difference. As always, it is in the detail where the magic lives.
The decoration is superb and original, the hotels distribution great, breakfast is excellent, there is a pool, an awesome selection of DVDs you can use free of charge, good quality wireless (free) and each room is different but to an amazing standard… a bit like out of an art-deco magazine ;)
There is an “Honesty bar”, free good quality coffee, homemade muffins, monkeys in the Garden, a nice little pool... They prepared the room, put fragrances on it and left a jazz compilation playing at the room for my arrival (how cool is that?). Also the managers are very professional yet really warm.
There is also transport service available and it’s very close to the sea.
To conclude, looking at the price vs location and quality i was delighted. I will be going back if I am in Umhslanga again.
PD: I think the place is perfect for couples as well ;)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Umhlanga, and walking distance from the beach, lies Teremok Marine, an award-winning five-star boutique lodge and spa. All eight suites are uniquely designed and boast extra-length beds, air-conditioning, private balconies, showers, baths, double basins and separate toilets with bidets. Extras include LCD screens and DVD players, iPod docking stations, and complimentary ADSL internet in every room. Teremok also has a Spa facility, gym and pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Teremok Marine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Teremok Marine Hotel Umhlanga Rocks
- Teremok Hotel Umhlanga Rocks