Stayed at Terenok at the end of a hectic two weeks in South Africa and this was a fitting place to end our stay and wind down before returning back to Blighty.
The hotel is a little way out from the centre of Umhlanga, with lovely views out to the Indian Ocean (although its not actually on the beach). Like most places in the area it's surrounded by good security with secure car parking. All the staff were extremely helpful and genuinely pleasant. We mainly dealt with Tracey, who was lovely and couldn't have been more helpful to our inevitable questions and requests, including recommending places to eat and booking tables for us. As I said it's a little way out from the centre but they will drop you off and pick you up afterwards, so no issues there. The attached health spa was small but pleasant and we both enjoyed our massages ( particularily after a long drive from Isladlwana). Breakfasts were excellent and innovative and freshly cooked to order. They don't have a bar as such but operate a honesty system where you help yourself and fill in a chit - they had a good selection of tipples including half bottles of a nice SA sparkling wine. It was also a nice touch to return to our room to find the floor scattered with red rose petals and complimentary bottle of said vino.
Previous residents have included such noble luminaries as Ralph Fiennes and Kirsten Scott-Thomas. If it's good enough for them it's good enough for us and maybe you if you're reading this.
We stayed in the Juliet room, maybe slightly smaller than some of the others, but with lovely views and an amazing bathroom.
Our only regret was that the weather precluded using their pool!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Umhlanga, and walking distance from the beach, lies Teremok Marine, an award-winning five-star boutique lodge and spa. All eight suites are uniquely designed and boast extra-length beds, air-conditioning, private balconies, showers, baths, double basins and separate toilets with bidets. Extras include LCD screens and DVD players, iPod docking stations, and complimentary ADSL internet in every room. Teremok also has a Spa facility, gym and pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Teremok Marine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Teremok Marine Hotel Umhlanga Rocks
- Teremok Hotel Umhlanga Rocks