We spent an excellent four nights here and had the most fantastic stay.
Our room was beautiful, exquisitely designed with some lovely touches and the beds were really comfortable too. The bathroom was fantastic, double basins, huge shower, free standing bath etc and really nice toiletries. Other thoughtful goodies in the room included a beach bag and towels, insect repellent etc. Although there's no tea & coffee facilities or mini bar in the room, there are two tea and coffee stations available to guests all day so you can help yourself throughout the day. There is also an honesty bar which we found to be very reasonably priced. The lounge area and terraces were really lovely, with views across the garden and beyond to the sea. There's good wifi throughout too. We didn't try the spa as it was already fully booked throughout our stay by the time we arrived - it isnt open in the evenings. If this is of interest to you, book in advance!
The large open windows in the breakfast room made it a great place to enjoy the fantastic breakfasts on offer every morning. Breakfast comprised fresh juices, absolutely gorgeous homemade museli, fruit and fresh baked bread and muffins amongst other things. Hot options were cooked freshly to order in the open kitchen and there were several different choices on each day of our stay, although I'm sure staff would have happily provided others if requested. There's no restaurant but there are plenty of options nearby.
In terms of location, its less than 5mins walk to the beach and the south end of the new promenade path. Its less than 15 mins walk to the village centre, although after dark we took advantage of the free transport provided by Teremok to and from the village each evening to eat.
All the staff we came across were excellent - friendly and helpful and did their utmost to make our stay the most enjoyable and relaxed possible. Thank you to everyone at the excellent Teremok and also to our fab travel agent Africa Rose for recommending it to us in the first place. We loved it and hope to make it back one day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Umhlanga, and walking distance from the beach, lies Teremok Marine, an award-winning five-star boutique lodge and spa. All eight suites are uniquely designed and boast extra-length beds, air-conditioning, private balconies, showers, baths, double basins and separate toilets with bidets. Extras include LCD screens and DVD players, iPod docking stations, and complimentary ADSL internet in every room. Teremok also has a Spa facility, gym and pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Teremok Marine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Teremok Marine Hotel Umhlanga Rocks
- Teremok Hotel Umhlanga Rocks