We went on honeymoon, and have to say this is one of the nicest places we have ever stayed in. We recommend the Durban View suite.
The staff (especially Stanley) were marvellous - we came home from dinner one night to find Stanley had covered the floor of our room with tea lights and rose petals...along with a bottle of champagne on ice!
Each morning, a copy of the daily weather forecast was popped under our door and the breakfasts were amazing.
The downside to the stay was the area.
It's not safe to wander around at night, but we were transported to and from restaurants, which took the fun out of exploring.
If you want a chilled night out, then Butcher Boys was great fun, for a more upmarket affair Ile de Maurice was probably the best place we found.
The other drawback was the view from our suite...unless you're a fan of Oil tankers, expect to see over 20 of them queued out at sea waiting to get into Durban harbour.
Overall, venue was amazing...Uhmlanga Rocks, not so great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Umhlanga, and walking distance from the beach, lies Teremok Marine, an award-winning five-star boutique lodge and spa. All eight suites are uniquely designed and boast extra-length beds, air-conditioning, private balconies, showers, baths, double basins and separate toilets with bidets. Extras include LCD screens and DVD players, iPod docking stations, and complimentary ADSL internet in every room. Teremok also has a Spa facility, gym and pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Teremok Marine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Teremok Marine Hotel Umhlanga Rocks
- Teremok Hotel Umhlanga Rocks