“Great restaurant”

Dining options: Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Great restaurant”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My partner and I have been living in Umhlanga for 4 months and we really rate this restaurant. We find that many of the Umhlanga restaurants lack atmosphere, which Angelo's has in bucket loads. We've never had a bad meal and the seafood risotto is one of our fave dishes, loads of really tasty seafood and a delicious sauce - my only complaint is it is so fab I always end up finishing the huge portion and suffering from the over indulgence! And for a bit of fun and English reminiscing try the Knicker Bocker Glory - it won't disappoint! Overall good food, friendly service and a lovely vibe.

1 Thank Gemaki1234
Pierre d, Owner at Angelos, responded to this review, 25 September 2014
Thank you for your great review !!

Jhb
“Another little gem in Umhlanga”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The food here for us has always been great and although it has been around for some time, the meals we have had have been pretty consistent. I am not one for kids running around at a restaurant but on a perfect summers night, the kids get a chance to play in the courtyard and at least get customers to enjoy a meal without kids moaning at the table :-)

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Tina N
Hi Tina,

Thank you for your great review.

Umhlanga Rocks, South Africa
“Not worth it”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We visited this restuarant on Friday evening 23 May, and the experience was not exactly memorable. Starter shared of peri peri chicken liver was not peri peri, and the additional bread requested was plain as opposed to toasted. Our pizza ordered was tasteless, full of tomatoe and not pleasant.

Dear Anver,

Thank you for your review.

I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your meal and that our hostess or my manager on the evening was not aware, as we would have rectified your dishes right away.

Nevertheless I hope you do try us again.

Regards,
Pierre
“Tasty food & good staff”
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Had eaten here once before and not loved it, but had heard such good reviews, we decided to give it another chance. I'm glad we did. I think maybe we were just grumpy last time, as this visit Angelos was fab. Tasty food (great pasta recommended by our waiter). My husband had a delicious pizza (the house one). The waiter was good, and the place was very busy. We will be back.

Pierre d, Owner at Angelos, responded to this review, 25 September 2014
Thank you for your review.

I'm pleased you decided to give us another try and had a good meal.

Durban, South Africa
“The best peri peri chicken in the world!”
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Been going to this restaurant for many years. The service is great, atmosphere warm and welcoming and the prices are fair.

I've never been overly impressed with their pizzas but their meat dishes and wine selection are great.

The best thing on the menu is their peri peri baby chicken. Mouthwatering!!!!

Pierre d, Owner at Angelos, responded to this review, 25 September 2014

Very pleased you enjoy our Peri Peri Chicken.