All reviewsouteniqua mountainsgarden routeenjoyed our staybeautiful viewrooms are spaciousgeorgedeckstopovertranquil
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I had the good fortune spend a week, Monday to Friday at this lovely comfortable hotel. A 5 star hotel it is not but then the owners will tell you that the most important thing is for guests to feel at home. I certainly did! My room was spacious with the most gorgeous view, the bathroom was large and the aircon worked silently and cooled the huge space well. The rambling gardens are lovely. Most of all the friendly staff made my "alone week" anything but alone! From the ladies at reception, to the bar and restaurant staff - everyone is friendly and relaxed.
If I had one small "complaint" then it is that the menu is quite limited and there are no veggies besides the salads. I am sure that can be improved upon.
All in all a lovely week, the bonus being a hair salon on site, what more could a girl want?
I enjoyed it so much that I have booked to go back with my husband in December.

Room Tip: The Deluxe rooms have the most divine view!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Arabella_Shiraz
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I have to agree with both Annelien K & Lisa C. And I even had additional bad service, rude staff, woken up at 8h30 by housekeeping to check if room was vacant. At check in, we were told there were no deluxe rooms available for the first night but promised for second night. Following morning, the rude receptionist just impolitely told us there was a mistake, and that was it. We then had to stay where we were as we had already paid. i mentioned to her that our shower only had hot water. After returning to the hotel during the late afternoon, I enquired whether the shower had been fixed. Answer "I hope so!" Well, it wasn't, and even better, no towels. Maybe the logic was that if we didn't have towels, we wouldn't want to shower! I will definitely advise everyone I know, everyone I am in contact with, every business associate and colleague, NOT TO EVER GO TO THE FAR HILLS HOTELS!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nazeem S
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Loved the beauty of this hotel and it was exactly what I needed to feel comfortable away from home. Loved all the trees surrounding the property and the spacious rooms. Felt taken care of by the staff, and will be back for another stay the next time we come to Africa. Planning on bringing the kids next time because they would love the pool and close proximity to the beach.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Sharon C
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I stayed here in February this year for a business trip. The hotel is very average but the rooms are spacious and have a fireplace which was great. The hotel was not clean at all and the menu was just terrible. I met an old friend of mine after work in the evenings and the variety of foods was not good and even the staff on duty was allowed to drink!

Room Tip: if you just need a place to sleep, it is worth the money, but do not entertain friends there
Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Annalien K
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

Easy to find bit of a crappy driveway. Old worn and tired design. Literally basic rooms get what u pay for, staff do not even manage the noise levels of the guests instead watch damn movies at the reception. Terrible pillows, nasty bed linen dirty floors old furniture empty rooms hardly work space, just about good enough if you dying and desperate.

• Stayed: July 2013