Beach Villa Wilderness(Wilderness)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$79
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$89/night.

US$87
US$120
Serendipity(Wilderness)
US$112
US$109
Hotels.com
Xanadu Guest Villa(Wilderness)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$56
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$76/night.

US$155
US$108
Wilderness on Sea B&B(Wilderness)(Great Value!)
US$56
US$42
US$92
Hotels.com
The Wilderness Hotel(Wilderness)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$60
  • Pool
Shining Waters(Wilderness)
US$87
All reviewstwo double bedsouteniqua mountainsgarden routewill definately be backenjoyed our staybeautiful viewgeorgesupperdeckstopovertranquilitynatureknysna
Reviewed 15 November 2013

The reception staff were very nice to us on arrival - we were upgraded to the wonderful morrocan themed honeymoon suite! Spectacular views from the balcony. We were only passing through but would definitely go back again and stay longer. The evening meal wasnt the best but the breakfast was very good.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We were due to stay here for 2 nights as part of a 3 week organised tour of South Africa. Out of the 8 hotels we used this was the only one our trip organiser had not used before. The location is and the views are spectacular. Unfortunately whilst the staff are pleasant and helpful they appear to be untrained and as a result the service was poor. Our evening meal was inedible and the breakfast was not much better. The hotel exhibits a general air of decay and the public areas and table were sticky and unclean. Our trip organiser moved us from the hotel and we stayed for the second night in the Protea King George. What a difference.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 October 2013

My wife and I had stayed at Far Hills on our honeymoon 30 years ago and when we planned our 30th anniversary trip, we immediately searched for the website to book. The website allowed us to complete an online booking but when that didn't confirm, we called the hotel. The website has clear pictures of standard and deluxe rooms which we chose from. Other features were also listed including the dining facilities.
On arrival, we were shown to our room which bore no resemblance whatsoever to the website pictures and was dirty. The hotel was fully booked with a touring party and we decided to make the best of it. Dinner was a non-event. The dining room was closed as the touring party was having a barbecue.
The hotel seems to have fallen into disrepair as we discovered next morning when we walked around the grounds. The reception staff seems at sixes and sevens at times and not in keeping with the images displayed on the website.
A major disappointment for us and we certainly won't be back.

Room Tip: Try another hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CliffSherre
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I had the good fortune spend a week, Monday to Friday at this lovely comfortable hotel. A 5 star hotel it is not but then the owners will tell you that the most important thing is for guests to feel at home. I certainly did! My room was spacious with the most gorgeous view, the bathroom was large and the aircon worked silently and cooled the huge space well. The rambling gardens are lovely. Most of all the friendly staff made my "alone week" anything but alone! From the ladies at reception, to the bar and restaurant staff - everyone is friendly and relaxed.
If I had one small "complaint" then it is that the menu is quite limited and there are no veggies besides the salads. I am sure that can be improved upon.
All in all a lovely week, the bonus being a hair salon on site, what more could a girl want?
I enjoyed it so much that I have booked to go back with my husband in December.

Room Tip: The Deluxe rooms have the most divine view!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Arabella_Shiraz
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I have to agree with both Annelien K & Lisa C. And I even had additional bad service, rude staff, woken up at 8h30 by housekeeping to check if room was vacant. At check in, we were told there were no deluxe rooms available for the first night but promised for second night. Following morning, the rude receptionist just impolitely told us there was a mistake, and that was it. We then had to stay where we were as we had already paid. i mentioned to her that our shower only had hot water. After returning to the hotel during the late afternoon, I enquired whether the shower had been fixed. Answer "I hope so!" Well, it wasn't, and even better, no towels. Maybe the logic was that if we didn't have towels, we wouldn't want to shower! I will definitely advise everyone I know, everyone I am in contact with, every business associate and colleague, NOT TO EVER GO TO THE FAR HILLS HOTELS!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple