“Lived up to expectations- Recommended!”

Serendipity Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 33 Restaurants in Wilderness
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I booked the dinner a couple months earlier for my husband's birthday after extensive researching of restaurants in the area - This one came up tops! And it didnt fail to impress. We visited on 24 May 2014.

The entire experience- Service, attention to detail, explanation of the meals by the chef Lizelle, ambience and most importantly the delicious food! The chef even went the extra mile and popped a candle on my husband's dessert and came over to deliver the dessert personally and wish him a happy Birthday. Really appreciated the gesture and speaks volumes about the need to please the guest.

Lizelle's passion for food and service was very evident in the food she presented and the excellent taste combinations and quality ingredients. Our waiter was impressive and must be commended for the good service (I think it was Joseph?)

We left feeling satiated, special and eager to come back!

A fine dining experience worth the splurge :-) I would definitely recommend this restaurant expereience. Keep up the high standards.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

A sumptuous dinner for my wife on her birthday planned by our daughter & son-in-law was the highlight of our 3 day stay in Wilderness. The locale, the ambience, the mouth watering dishes & excellent service topped up by the detailed explanation of each dish by the Chef Lizelle made our evening. And there was the ‘toothpaste’ to cleanse the palate before the next course was served. Colleagues of my son in law had chanced upon Serendipity a few months earlier while driving down from Knysna and had enjoyed their dinner so much that they drove back all the way to Wilderness the next night again !! And Serendipity more than exceeded our expectations. Conveniently located by the lakeside and just off the N2, we shall always treasure memories of our dinner there. Remember to book well in advance.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Best restaurant around Wilderness. Beautiful location, friendly Staff. High level food and service . Nice terrace for the apero, good wine selection at reasonable prices

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Not an easy place to find in the dark (as mentioned earlier), but was most definitely worth finding! R380 per person is not cheap but the welcome, aperitifs, food and ambience is most certainly worth it.

We were led to the veranda overlooking the lagoon and given aperitifs to start the evening. The host then came out and explained what was being cooked by his wife. When we went into the restaurant there were only about 8-10 tables, so booking is essential. What a treat the food was! A 'melt in the mouth' meal enjoyed thoroughly. Fine dining with an amazing taste!

We had the wine pairings which complimented the meals perfectly. This place is about quality, so prepare yourself because our evening was magic!

1  Thank Chri55ie
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Despite being (by far) the most expensive meal I've ever had, I don't feel "cheated" in any way. Always difficult to compare with ones previous dining experiences, but I left thinking it was the best I've ever had (and I don't think it was merely cognitive dissonance talking, as I'm always mindful of that bias). My tongue&nose would love to eat here regularly, but my wallet and waistline disagree. Will definitely be coming back here for special occasions. Every part of the evening was tastefully (excuse the pun) and professionally presented. I cannot imagine anybody coming here and being even in the least bit disappointed with anything.

1  Thank Epigamiq