We stayed at the Views in January as our last staging post before pushing onto Cape Town during our tour of the garden Route. We got a warm welcome upon arrival and were swiftly shown to the deluxe and premier sea view rooms we booked. Wow, is all I can say, the hotel called the Views has, well the views. The room we stayed in had a large floor to ceiling glass window that covered the length of the room, and it allowed you to take in the breathtaking scenery the the Wilderness coastline had to offer. Just spectacular. The room itself had a studio feel about it, and we loved the walk-in shower, and white clean lines which gave it a very modern contemporary feel. I tried out the spa and gym during the day and was impressed with the facilities, although the jacuzzi could have been a bit warmer.
The only slight negative for this hotel is to get the 'views' the hotel is situated high atop a cliff edge, thus the elderly or infirm may struggle to get down to the beach if they so wanted to down the 100+ or so steps to it. Also the hotel cant control this, but it annoyed none-the-less, and is surely an accident waiting to happen. But you have these para-glider people continuously floating past your window every 30 secs or so during the day going up and down the beach, which was quite cool at first, but eventually started to grate. Some of them also got very CLOSE to our balcony almost to the point crashing into it, but certainly invading our privacy, and definitely killing off any chance of a bit of intimacy with my partner if you get what I mean. ;)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the warm Indian Ocean waters playing at its feet, VIEWS Boutique Hotel & Spa is an idyllic paradise from which to unlock the secrets of South Africa's famed Garden Route. Perfectly situated, on a beach front dune on Wilderness Beach, offering panoramic beach and ocean views, a mere 20 minutes from George Airport. All suites offer 5 star qualities ranging from both sea or non-sea facing views , culminating in the stunning Penthouse Suite. Enjoy fine cuisine in our Restaurant, or relax around our roof top pool & cocktail deck with uninterrupted ocean views. Alternatively, find solace and relaxation in our award winning Views Spa & Gym offering 5 treatment rooms, a Tylarium Herbal Sauna, Vitality Pool and Moroccan-style Rasul Chamber and a wide range of cardiovascular equipment. Whether it is a wedding, a honeymoon or a special occasion, Views offers personalized service, unabashed luxury and elegance catering to the needs of the discerning traveller. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Views Boutique Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Views Boutique Hotel And Spa
- Views Boutique Hotel Wilderness