“Made us so comfortable and happy!”
Review of Pomodoro

Pomodoro
Ranked #7 of 31 Restaurants in Wilderness
Price range: US$4 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Pomodoro is the meeting place of the locals and you will always find it buzzing with activity. The outside terraces offer a front row seat of the village activities which, together with the laid-back atmosphere and great food - the perfect place to while away the hours. Owner Claudio will warmly welcome you to this restaurant which they have worked so hard to make the best in the Wilderness. Pomodoro Restaurant is very serious about the quality of the food they serve. The pizzas are possibly the best on the Garden Route and the beautiful salads, antipasto, pastas, grills and seafood never fail to satisfy.
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Firstly, the food was great. But better than that, all the staff were so welcoming and helpful. We were there on a really bad day, a family funeral. But our waitress, Caroline, managed to make us smile and made the evening really special. I would recommend Pomodoro to everyone!

2  Thank GardenrouteLover
Write a ReviewReviews (1,088)

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I went to this restaurant this evening on a recommendation. We own a Guest House and have to recommend to guests as to where to eat on a daily basis, so we try to make sure we know what is on offer in our area. Firstly we were shown to a table for two where both parties had to sit at right angles, knees touching (romantic!) facing a concrete pillar - not particularly comfortable position to sit and eat a meal with a pillar inches from your face, it felt very cramped and awkward as my husband had people trying to get past his chair constantly and he had nowhere to pull it in or out to assist them. We were even more sadly disappointed with the food. My husband had a steak which was reasonably okay, but his mash was a bit too lumpy, he picked the lumpy bits out and left them on the side of the plate. I sadly made the wrong choice of the Salmone pasta - but my pasta was a little bit under cooked in parts (hard around the edges) - I like it al dente and not overcooked but this was a bit awkward to eat as I had to keep to the middle parts of the plate, the salmon was hard to find and the asparagus was invisible! To hide the fact that there was no asparagus in the pasta it was covered in rocket. However the worst part was that I had ordered a take away Al Fredo for my daughter who was at home, and really, I kid you not, if there was one ladle of pasta in that container it was a lot and for R55! I brought the contents to the attention of the lovely waitress called Caroline, who was very apologetic but it was not her fault that management feel that they can charge full price for a takeaway that would not even be a sufficient amount of food on a children's menu. This was very sad, and up until that point I must state that the service had been good and the waitress really attentive, but the food let her down and embarrassed her. I saw her go to the manageress to advise her of our complaint, but she did not bother to come to speak to us, so we left - with our tiny/expensive spoonful of pasta in a container - never to return !

2  Thank Dawnve
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Absolutely amazing pizzas, great service and an amazing atmosphere!!! Was greeted by a friendly waiter, He suggested great wines and the perfect pizzas.

1  Thank inNubibus
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed 3 nights in Wilderness and ate at this restaurant twice as it was delicious! I had the chicken parmesan - excellent. Great atmosphere, good selection of wines, great menu. Be sure to try this Italian restaurant - good prices, great service - reservations suggested as it was a busy place!

1  Thank MexicoTraveller2005
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Stopped to have breakfast and what a disappointment! We waited VERY long and then got below par food! Husband asked for bacon and got mince! Asked for medium eggs and got hard rubbery eggs.. How do you let that leave the kitchen? Charged for 4 full coffees instead of 2 plus 2 refills. So annoyed by that stage that we just paid and left.

1  Thank Cherry guava