“Horseride experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Black Horse Trails

Black Horse Trails
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: At the base of the majestic Outeniqua mountains in the Wilderness, lies our little charming horse ranch, Black Horse Trails. Our rides venture into the forests and mountains from a 1.5 hour trail, 3 hour trails, sun downer trails, full moon trails, full day trails to a 2 day overnight trail. We have suitable steeds for any level of experience you may or may not have on a horses back, everyone is welcome! Although for our day trips and 2 day trip riders need to be experienced. Please visit our website to see all our options and prices (which are very reasonable).
Southampton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Horseride experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

Had lovely horseride, Lindsey is a lovely hostess and made our experience just perfect. We are both novices, so we just plodded along enjoying the company and views.

Visited June 2013

Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Can't wait to do it again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

After plenty of backwards and forwards, time and date changes by my indecisive friends, I eventually managed to get to Black Horse Trails on the last day of my holiday.
Lindsay was incredibly accommodating and despite the threatening weather took us on a magical trail through the indigenous forests of Wilderness.
The trail was the perfect length, with plenty of opportunity to trot and canter (for the more experienced of us), with a perfect stop at the river.
Her horses were calm and experienced, and what impressed me the most was that her horses were incredibly responsive, without a bit! (so no sore mouths!)
I highly recommend this trail, it's great value for money, and the staff are easy, friendly and super patient.

I will definitely be going back the next chance I get!

thank you for the awesome experience!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank KAPiper
Sedgefield, Western Cape, South Africa
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Very positive experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2013

Woops, this is not in fact the horse riding company I was thinking of, I cannot vouch for them, sorry

Visited January 2013
cape town
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Serenity Seeker”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2013

A few days ago, I had the honour of experiencing a three hour ride on my last day in the Wilderness. The trail is about 18km long and the absolute highlight for me was riding silently through the indigenous lush serene forest. A quick dip in the river at the waterfall pitstop and then back through the forests again. The horses are well behaved and majestic. Lyndsay (owner) was very accomodating and patient. Highly recommended.

Visited December 2012
Singapore, Singapore
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth going again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2013

Lindsey was professional and her horses were well-kept and trained. The stables were next to her personal farm, which is also worth visiting too. Her love for animals is very evident indeed.

Black Horse Trails was one of the few companies that checked for our weights beforehand to match us to a suitable horse. The trail was safe and enjoyable. Lindsey was patient and took the effort to teach us how to mount and dismount the horses, how to ride and control them, and what to do when the horse is trotting.

In short, we enjoyed ourselves very much that afternoon, and will definitely go back again.