“My first horse ride”
Review of Black Horse Trails

Black Horse Trails
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: At the base of the majestic Outeniqua mountains in the Wilderness, lies our little charming horse ranch, Black Horse Trails. Our rides venture into the forests and mountains from a 1.5 hour trail, 3 hour trails, sun downer trails, full moon trails, full day trails to a 2 day overnight trail. We have suitable steeds for any level of experience you may or may not have on a horses back, everyone is welcome! Although for our day trips and 2 day trip riders need to be experienced. Please visit our website to see all our options and prices (which are very reasonable).
Reviewed 24 July 2013

wow was I nervous. The place was easy to find, the guide was friendly and helpful and showed me how to handle a big horse. I was nervous at first to get on by at the end I didnt want to get off.

All reviews
in 28 reviews
"trail"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed 18 July 2013

I roped my partner into horse riding with me and I'm so glad I chose black horse trails. The horses are beautiful, Lyndsay was a great guide and made my partner who is slightly horse shy feel very comfortable. We had a great morning exploring the forest on the horses. I would recommend this experience to anyone in the area.

1  Thank Rere_Andrews
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Had lovely horseride, Lindsey is a lovely hostess and made our experience just perfect. We are both novices, so we just plodded along enjoying the company and views.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

After plenty of backwards and forwards, time and date changes by my indecisive friends, I eventually managed to get to Black Horse Trails on the last day of my holiday.
Lindsay was incredibly accommodating and despite the threatening weather took us on a magical trail through the indigenous forests of Wilderness.
The trail was the perfect length, with plenty of opportunity to trot and canter (for the more experienced of us), with a perfect stop at the river.
Her horses were calm and experienced, and what impressed me the most was that her horses were incredibly responsive, without a bit! (so no sore mouths!)
I highly recommend this trail, it's great value for money, and the staff are easy, friendly and super patient.

I will definitely be going back the next chance I get!

thank you for the awesome experience!

1  Thank KAPiper